Xwing is seeking an experienced systems engineer to facilitate the development of complex hardware- and software-intensive systems. You’ll get to work with a world-class engineering team in autonomous transportation and aerospace.
About us: We’re an early-stage, San Francisco-based startup working to increase human mobility by developing autonomous flight capability for small passenger aircraft. Our team consists of hands-on passionate individuals with experience from the foremost aerospace companies and academic institutions. We all share a drive to build exceptional products that challenge conventional thinking. Learn more at xwing.com
- Ensure that all systems developments are coordinated and balanced to function as a cohesive whole
- Engage with key stakeholder to collect, elicit, derive, write, analyze, harmonize, and manage system requirements
- Work with system architect to define system diversity, redundancy, etc. to meet requirements, including sourcing components and working with key vendors
- Define and conduct trade studies and functional analyses
- Facilitate and support verification and validation activities such as writing test procedures
- Facilitate or conduct system safety analyses such as FHA, FTA, FMEA, etc. and be responsible for ultimate safety of Xwing’s products
- Manage high-level technical risks
- Support the development / deployment of our configuration management tool
- Interface with other engineers (hardware, software, safety) to track and analyze system progresses.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Professional systems engineering experience, preferably in aerospace and/or autonomy
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Effective at working in a multidisciplinary team and communicating across stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment
- Experienced with development and test processes supporting aircraft certification (ARP4754, DO-178C, DO-254, DO-160G);
- MS/PhD in a related field (CS / ME / AE / EE)
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.