Xwing is seeking an entrepreneurial candidate to develop data and simulation tools for autonomous flight.
About us: We’re an early-stage, San Francisco-based startup working to increase human mobility by developing autonomous flight capability for small passenger aircraft. Our team consists of hands-on passionate individuals with experience from the foremost aerospace companies and academic institutions. We all share a drive to build exciting products that challenge conventional thinking. Learn more at xwing.com!
- Work on data model definition, ETL pipelines and warehousing.
- Create tools for the analysis team to easily query and analyze flight data.
- Create a distributed framework for simulation and scenario analysis to ensure autonomy changes are field-test ready.
- Define, develop and automate test cases to ensure the simulation pipeline demonstrably reflects the real-world.
- Work with the system engineering team to understand FAA certification requirements for the simulation framework, document the process, and implement accordingly.
- Continuously improve development tools and methods.
- University degree in computer science / engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Hands-on experience developing highly reliable and scalable software.
- Very high proficiency in at least one widely-used programming language.
- Accustomed to writing high-quality code, in an efficient and well-documented manner.
- Experience working with large-scale, distributed databases and datasets.
- Ability to work in a team and coordinate with other engineering teams per company priorities.
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking in a fact-based and professional manner.
- Fluency in C/C++ and Python preferred
- Experience with Apache Hadoop, Spark, Beam, or other parallel compute frameworks.
- Experience building web-scale distributed systems
- Working experience with AWS, Google Cloud Compute or Microsoft Azure clouds APIs
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.