The coordination of a startup's schedule with external stakeholders, along with handling the office logistics, are two of the most important aspects of a smoothly running team. How is the office environment and culture fairing? When are large meetings scheduled? This is but a small taste of the things any company can do to set themselves up for success. The additions to any employee's overall working experience not only maintains a certain level of professionalism, but makes our company the best place to work.
We're looking for an experienced Office Coordinator to spearhead office operation and selectively help with scheduling. You will be working under our Head of Operations to ensure we have a smooth, well-kept office. The ideal hire is able to work independently with little oversight, is creative yet organized, a visionary with things like space organization and office decoration, but also detailed-oriented and proactive on scheduling, planning and addressing pressing team needs. Most importantly, the ideal candidate is excited about working at a startup and growing with the team as we scale up. Prior experience with calendar and / or office planning is required. This is a full-time role.
We're a venture-backed, fast-growing startup working at the intersection of software and aviation. Our team consists of hands-on passionate engineers who share a drive to build exciting products that challenge conventional thinking. We're based in a beautiful loft office in the heart of Hayes Valley in San Francisco.
- Make our startup the best place to work and keep your finger on the pulse of the office: what's working, what's not working, and knowing when to implement change!
- Represent us in interactions with internal and external stakeholders every day. Leave a courteous and professional impression in all interactions
- Manage day-to-day logistics for the office, including visitors, shipments to and from office, janitorial staff, and maintain office standards, aesthetic, and snack and supply inventories
- Help organize company-wide events and outings, and support as necessary; plan occasional happy hours
- On occasion, manage calendars, schedule meetings and calls, coordinate logistics with other stakeholders, and arrange travel when needed; "manage up" with reminders and details
- Assist with hiring efforts by coordinating with candidates and helping schedule interviews when needed
- Take on special projects as necessary, by following up, and delivering on, workplace support questions and requests
- 5+ years experience in administration / coordination, ideally 2+ years being an EA.
- Demonstrated passion for start-ups with a fast, dynamic and flexible environment
- Highest level of work ethic. Ability to work and manage highly confidential and sensitive information. Trust is #1 requirement for this job.
- Self-motivated, driven and able to work well independently
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail; proven track record of time management, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines, and multi-task
- A great sense of judgement with ability to anticipate, and respond, to pressing needs in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Apps
- Creative, critical thinker looking for opportunities to improve team cohesion (think: birthdays, anniversaries, decoration, team outings, holiday gifts); has an eye for upkeep, decor, and overall tone of the work space
- This is a hands-on role, so most of your work will happen on-site, in our San Francisco office. Availability to come into the office every day from 9am - 5pm
- We require at least 2 reference checks from previous employers (past internships or part-time jobs welcome)
Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.