Xwing is seeking an entrepreneurial candidate to develop backend and frontend software for certification tools.
About us: We’re an early-stage, San Francisco-based startup working to increase human mobility by developing autonomous flight capability for small passenger aircraft. Our team consists of hands-on passionate individuals with experience from the foremost aerospace companies and academic institutions. We all share a drive to build exciting products that challenge conventional thinking. Learn more at xwing.com
- Work with Python web frameworks to build a reliable HTTP server and backend.
- Define, develop and automate test cases.
- Work with the product leadership to define requirements and establish feasibility.
- Continuously improve development tools and methods.
- University degree in computer science / engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Hands-on experience developing highly reliable software.
- Very high proficiency in at least one widely-used programming language. Fluent in Python.
- Accustomed to writing high-quality code, in an efficient and well-documented manner.
- Ability to work in a team and coordinate with other engineering teams per company priorities.
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking in a fact-based and professional manner.
- Experience building User Interface mocks.
- Proficient with JQuery.
- Experience working with product owners and designers.
- Proficient with git and GitHub.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.