Xwing is seeking an exceptional and highly motivated candidate to work on the development of internal software tools and frameworks. This includes developing software libraries used by core product features, identifying and improving tools to optimize the process of developing safe and certifiable software.
About us: We’re an early-stage, San Francisco-based startup working to increase human mobility by developing autonomous flight capability for small passenger aircraft. Our team consists of hands-on passionate individuals with experience from the foremost aerospace companies and academic institutions. We all share a drive to build exciting products that challenge conventional thinking.
- Develop internal tools to streamline and optimize software development efforts.
- Develop core software infrastructure libraries in C/C++.
- Define, develop and automate test cases.
- Produce clear and concise code documentation.
- Work with the product leadership and third parties to define requirements and establish feasibility.
- Continuously improve development tools and methods.
- University degree in computer science / engineering or equivalent professional experience.
- Hands-on experience developing highly reliable software.
- Expert knowledge of at least one commonly used programming language
- Accustomed to writing high-quality code, in an efficient and well-documented manner.
- Ability to work in a team and coordinate with other engineering teams per company priorities.
- Ability to challenge conventional thinking in a fact-based and professional manner.
- Experience working with product owners and designers.
- Proficient with git and GitHub.
- Proficient in C++ and Python.
- Web front-end development experience
- Experience with compilers and parsers
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.