Xwing is seeking an exceptional self-driven candidate to develop new computer vision and AI-based functionalities for autonomous aviation. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a world-class engineering team in autonomous transportation and aerospace.
About us: We’re an early-stage San Francisco based startup working to increase human mobility by developing autonomous flight capability for small passenger aircraft. Our team consists of hands-on passionate individuals with experience from the foremost aerospace companies and academic institutions. We all share a drive to build exciting products that challenge conventional thinking.
- Research and prototype new approaches and techniques
- Design and implement segmentation, classification, and tracking algorithms
- Select and test novel sensors to optimize performance
- Identify and implement system performance metrics
- Five years of relevant research or industry experience
- Ability to do rapid prototyping and be a fast learner
- Ability to write well designed and architected code
- Comfortable driving to results under uncertainty
- Solid knowledge of a deep learning framework (TensorFlow, Caffe, Torch...)
- Knowledge of computer vision libraries (OpenCV)
- Knowledge of parallel computing libraries (CUDA, OpenCL,...)
- Experience building a project from the ground up using deep learning or machine learning to process image or point cloud data
- Expertise in a programming language, with high proficiency or ability to get proficient in Python and C / C++
- Track record as researcher in the space
- Experience with robotic systems and real-time algorithm development
- Hands on experience with visual odometry (VO), mapping and simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM)
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (EAR / ITAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Employer expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.