About XStream Trucking
We are changing the way people think about trucking. Our first product the TruckWings™ is the industry first active-aero product for trucks. At highway speeds, panels fold out to close the tractor trailer gap saving fuel and giving a smoother ride for drivers. The TruckWings are in production and installed in several 5,000+ truck fleets with over a million road miles of tests.
As for what’s next, the TruckWings™ are powered by our proprietary CarbonConnect™ platform. Think of this as a IoT platform for trucks or a “Nest for Trucking”. We have an exciting roadmap of other products that will be built from this hub.
About the job
Location(s): Albuquerque, NM area
Your job is to be a problem-solver and in-field support staff, working on the ground for our team during TruckWings™ installs and repairs when they are needed near in your area. As our closest link to early customers, your vigilance, professionalism and technical skills will be essential to the company’s success. You will wear many hats, and be exposed to a variety of demanding situations.
This role is a part-time contract position. After training, our team will be in touch with you with assignments that will take 10-30 hours a week. Hours can be flexible, as trucks generally have a window of a few days where you could do the work needed. The customer may have times available during evening hours and weekends as well as regular daytime hours, so it is possible to make arrangements to accommodate your working schedule and the customer's.
The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Make repairs on the fly, with and without instructions from our team
- Manage problems of all sizes with thoughtfulness and professionalism
- Ensure the highest quality product is delivered on time to a Fortune 50 customer.
- Keep the team aware of evolving situations with great communication
- Understand and document customer needs
- Manage or coordinate on-the-ground interactions between various fleets, installers, suppliers, and XStream concurrently
- Proactively observe and conduct quality inspections
- 3+ years mechanical/technician experience working with vehicles, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with customers (sales or customer support experience a plus)
- Mechanical aptitude and experience (Able to independently fix mechanical systems)
- Experience troubleshooting for new issues that come up
- Demonstrated autonomy and leadership
- Demonstrated comfort working, thinking on your feet
- Written and oral communication skills
- The ability to safely climb ladders while carrying 20 pounds
- The ability to bend and kneel repeatedly
- The ability to see fine detail in a variety of situations
- The ability to work in extreme weather
- The ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
Typical Day-to-Day Tasks:
- Conduct quality inspections of assembled systems (pneumatics, bolted panels and brackets, etc.) before and after they are installed on trucks.
- Communicate and collaborate with XStream staff to fix or replace parts that do not meet quality (ex. swapping a part, or adding a zip tie to a loose harness).
- Interact with customers to answer questions regarding installation and troubleshoot any issues.
- Conduct installations of TruckWings™ on trucks. Note: You may be contacted for installations outside of your region, with travel paid by the company.
- Remove or touch up paint from scratched panels.
- Troubleshoot operating issues with CarbonConnect™ connected system.
- Demonstrate installation and repair procedures to new technicians.
- Investigate and evaluate customer damage incidents and conduct or coordinate repair.