Scout APM (Application Performance Monitoring) is on the hunt for go-getters who want to learn sales as our first Sales Development Representative (or SDR - a fancy name for Junior Sales Rep). Join our 11-person worldwide team in our Las Vegas office and take the first step in your sales career journey.
Scout APM is owned by Xenon Ventures, a boutique private equity firm that currently owns Sourcery (getsourcery.com), Scripted.com, RingCaptcha.com, Iron.io and a handful of other technology companies. When you work with Scout, you get the benefit of sharing advice and opportunities across the Xenon portfolio.
Scout gives its customers the superpower to write performant and reliable code that powers amazing web, mobile, and API applications.
If you love the following, you'll rock this job:
- Relentlessly calling and emailing prospects, current clients, and past clients to help them understand how Scout can help them succeed in delighting their users with awesome software.
- Using rejection as motivation to keep going and get the next prospect interested in talking with one of our sales reps.
- Learning fast and diving deep into the world of software engineering, performance monitoring, and developer productivity tools.
- Serving as a key player on our small and fast moving team.
- Writing engaging and compelling emails that people enjoy reading, and that motivate people to take the action you seek.
- Deeply caring about the long-term success of our customers - instead of just making the next sale.
- Working in a tight-knit, small team that loves to crank out good work and have fun.
- Engage in inbound and outbound sales
- Consult customers to better understand their challenges and needs
- Leverage strong product knowledge and sales best practices to support Scout’s sales strategy
- Perform effective online demos to prospects
- Maintain and expand our database of prospects
- Strong phone presence
- Proficient with productivity and web presentation tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Business and negotiation skills
- Experience with CRMs
- Experience selling technical products a plus