HR Growth Coordinator
Give our people their best experience
Xendit is an Indonesian fintech company that provides payment infrastructure across Indonesia. Xendit processes payments, runs marketplaces, disburses payroll and loans, detects fraud and helps other businesses grow exponentially. We serve these companies by providing a suite of world-class APIs and a dashboard UI that simplifies processes.
Our main focus is to build the most advanced payment rails for Indonesia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments in Indonesia simple, secure and easy for everyone. We currently serve local SMEs to some of Indonesia’s largest tech startups and also giant-sized businesses like Samsung. We process millions of transactions monthly, growing 8% month on month for the last 4 years. We are trusted and backed by some of the largest VCs in the world, who invested in Facebook, Slack, Twitch and Grab, and are alumni of the prestigious YCombinator (S15).
This role comes with substantial trust and responsibility, and has a real and important impact on Xendit Operations. Our people are our heart, and they need to be happy, feel heard, grow and stay committed to Xendit’s vision, to fuel our success.
This role’s focus will be on talent retention - how do we listen to and grow our people so they are fulfilled here. You’ll be directly involved in inducting new employees, maintaining HR-related admin, implementing real change for the betterment of our people, and coaching/training our entire team on a personal level. The actions, words and the decisions you make have a real impact on the future of our employees, and thus the future of the company as a whole, so you’ll be personally liable for our success.
We're looking for an experienced Human Resource Coordinator to look after and assist our people in growing, being their voice of reason, motivation and encouragement - making a real impact on the people of Xendit.
1. Be there, and available for everyone at Xendit, as a trusted advisor, avid listener and confidant.
- Be there for management to advise on strategic HR and Industrial Relations matters
- Build trust and rapport with everyone at Xendit
- Connect with employees regularly on a monthly basis through HR-focused 1-1’s
- Provide a ‘safe space’ for people to voice concerns confidentially
- Raise up essential feedback, tactfully, to the right people
- Engage and support new employees throughout the onboarding process, including Day 1 onboarding, product training and other relevant processes
2. Always be improving our onboarding process
- Revamp the current Induction Pack as necessary to make it more efficient
- Ensure all new employees complete the onboarding checklist
- >80% of new starters say that the onboarding process is satisfactory
3. Increase employee engagement, motivation and commitment to the Xendit Vision
- Collect and collate HR-oriented feedback from the team in a data-driven way
- Use this data to make valuable and high impact change within the organisation
- Initiate and drive HR initiatives specifically to drive engagement, ownership mentality, and overall work-life satisfaction
4. Take the lead on our people’s professional growth
- Map out and identify career paths for our employees
- Craft and organise internal training sessions for new skill development, leadership development and individual growth. This would involve setting topics of training sessions, finding speakers for each training session, create and/or assist with training materials (including presentation slides and logistic requirements) and distribute a survey to measure the effectiveness of the training
- Support the growth of Xendit people by creating a Xendit Learning Centre and continuously grow it
5. Provide 100% peace of mind that Xendit is HR compliant always
- Have excellent knowledge of how local Indonesian labour and industrial regulations and laws operate in Indonesia
- Work with stakeholders to implement best-practice HR management tools and processes
You may be a good fit if
- Graduated from Psychology and / or have experience in HR focused in people engagement or training for more than 2 years
- Are quick to build rapport and trust with everyone, regardless of culture, personality or country of origin
- Are passionate about helping others, and will go the extra mile to make sure people feel heard and happy in their place of work
- Hate gossip and are an avid protector of confidentiality
- Thrive on autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- communicate well across teams
- Bonus points if you’ve worked in startups before or have scaled culture and HR rapidly (think 100% headcount growth YOY)
What we care about
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too
- Growing 8% month on month: We are one of the fastest growing companies in Southeast Asia and have done so for the last two years. We process close to 1b USD annually in payments by providing simple APIs for payments on a modern tech stack
- YCombinator Batch S15: YC is the best incubator in the world, producing Airbnb and Dropbox; 120 companies out of 6,000 applications get in
- Funded by investors behind Facebook, Slack, Kaokao, Path, Twitch, Grab, Tokopedia