Xendit (Y-Combinator S15) is an Indonesian fintech company that provides payment infrastructure across Indonesia. Xendit processes payments, runs marketplaces, disburses payroll and loans, and detects fraud. All these services are available through a suite of world-class APIs and a dashboard that help companies achieve exponential growth.
Our goal is to build the most advanced payment rails in Southeast Asia to make payments in the region simple, secure and easy for everyone. From serving traditional SMEs to Indonesia’s largest tech companies to behemoths like Samsung, we process millions of transactions every month. We have been growing 25% month on month for the last 2 years. We are also trusted and backed by some of the largest VCs in the world including those who invested in Facebook, Slack, Twitch and Grab.
Our R&D team builds growth engines for Xendit through experimental products. They do this by pushing the frontiers of what is possible in the industry and by creating modern solutions to old problems. They build avant-garde payments technology.
We're looking for an experienced software engineer to help us innovate and iterate to build great products. You should have a strong interest in continuous improvement as well as unyielding in reliable, scalable, and fault-reliant code.
You will join a small technical team, and make technical decisions that will drive growth for our company. To solve for customers, you will also work closely with our business teams and work directly with our CEO.
- Build entire business tech solutions as experiments with best practice and scalability in mind
- Build tooling to help us do that easier
- Help guide business requirements with technical feasibility and/or constraints
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if
- 2+ years of successful track record of developing quality software products and shipping production-ready software
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience in any of the following: Node.js - TypeScript, Golang
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database schema design and query optimization
- Strong knowledge of REST and pub/sub design patterns
- Experience with unit, integration, and E2E test frameworks
- Experience with Agile development
- Ability to break down complex business requirements into technical requirements
- Ability to architect distributed systems on cloud computing platforms
- Thrive on being independent and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself
- Communicate well across teams
What we care about
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too
- Growing 25% month on month: We are one of the fastest growing companies in Southeast Asia and have done so for the last two years. We process close to 1b USD annually in payments by providing simple APIs for payments on a modern tech stack
- Y-Combinator Batch S15: YC is the best incubator in the world, producing Airbnb and Dropbox; 120 companies out of 6,000 applications get in Funded by investors behind Facebook, Slack, Kaokao, Path, Twitch, Grab, Tokopedia