WaterSaver Faucet Co. manufactures precision valves and faucets for science laboratories. Our sister company Guardian Equipment Inc. makes industrial safety products. We are a third-generation, family-owned company that has been in business for seventy years. Our products are used all over the world and we are the worldwide leader in our industry.
Our two factories are located just north of downtown Chicago, in the River West. The facilities are easy to get to from the Kennedy Expressway (I90) and by public transportation. We also have free parking in gated lots.
Why You Should Work With Us:
We are a great place to work for people eager to work in manufacturing. We need people who have a strong work ethic, are willing to learn new skills, have excellent attention to detail and want to get as much done in a day as possible.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Read customer orders, shipping pick list or bill of lading to determine items to be moved or shipped.
- Move materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas.
- Inspect received materials.
- Sort and place materials.
- Mark materials with identifying information.
- Record amounts of material or items received and distributed.
- Maintain inventory records.
- Drive forklift and/or other moving equipment as needed.
- One year (or more) shipping, receiving and warehouse experience.
- Factory-specific experience a plus.
- Must have experience using pallet trucks and lifts.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Able to read and understand English.
- Able to conduct work while standing for 8 hours a day.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, including:
- Starting salary depends on your experience. Annual increases based on performance and productivity.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance plan
- MetLife PPO Dental insurance
- Life insurance and Short Term Disability.
- Pension plan.
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Ten paid holidays.
- Paid vacation and paid sick leave.
WaterSaver Faucet Co./Guardian Equipment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and retaining a diverse work force and providing a safe and healthy work environment.
Our candidate evaluation process includes tests for reading comprehension and basic math.
Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, criminal background checks and physical exam, including a drug screen.