WaterSaver Faucet Co. and Guardian Equipment Inc. are sister companies located in the heart of Chicago. WaterSaver manufactures precision valves and faucets for use in science laboratories. Guardian manufactures industrial safety equipment, including emergency eyewashes, showers and related products.
We are third-generation family-owned businesses that have been in business for over seventy years. Our products are used all over the world and we are worldwide leaders in our industries.
Our goal is total customer satisfaction. We offer our customers superior quality products, the flexibility to deliver customized solutions, responsive service and competitive prices.
Both companies are located in the River North area of Chicago. Together, we operate 160,000 square feet of manufacturing space in two state-of-the-art, LEED-Gold certified facilities. Both facilities are easily accessed from the Kennedy Expressway (I90) and by public transportation.
Due to strong growth in our business, we need additional people for our factories, including:
- Rackers. Rack and unrack parts for powder painting and chrome plating. Select appropriate racks, move racks to staging areas, visually inspect parts for defects, remove parts from racks and prepare material for delivery to assembly areas. (Racks weigh no more than 35lbs.)
- Assemblers. Assemble all types of faucets, valves and related products. Visually inspect parts for defects, assemble a wide variety of products in accordance with written and verbal work instructions, use manual and automatic tools and check alignment and fit of components.
- Winders. Wind together components that have taper pipe threads and complete assembly of finished product. Work on all types of faucets, valves and related products. Visually inspect parts for defects, assembly a wide variety of products in accordance with written and verbal work instructions, use manual and automatic tools and check alignment and fit of components.
- Testers. Test all types of faucets, valves and related products. Verify that the product has been assembled correctly and includes all of the required components, visually inspect products, connect products to test fixtures and pressure test in accordance with verbal and written instructions, perform final assembly operations (installing caps, covers, etc.).
- Read, write and understand English and do basic shop math. (Application process includes taking a basic math test without using a calculator.)
- Work while standing for up to 8 hours a day in a fast paced environment.
- Follow written and verbal work instructions.
- Use hand tools (screw drivers, wrenches, etc.) and automatic hand tools (air screwdrivers, impact wrenches, etc.) as required for assembly operations.
- Lift up to 35lbs.
- High school diploma or GED.
Related experience of any kind a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting salary of $13.13 - $13.58, depending on the position applied for. Pay increase at 90 days, upon completion of probationary period.
- Paid weekly.
- Overtime opportunities available when work demands. (Overtime is paid at time and a half.)
- BlueCross BlueShield health insurance.
- MetLife PPO Dental insurance.
- MetLife life, AD/D, Short Term Disability Insurance
- VSP Vision insurance.
- Paid vacation.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid sick leave.
- Well-lit, air-conditioned work environment with abundant natural light.
Monday through Friday, 1st shift. Occasional Saturdays.
Why You Should Work with Us:
We are a great place to work for people eager to get started in the world of manufacturing. We do not need a lot of experience. Instead, we need people who have a strong work ethic, are willing to learn new skills, have excellent attention to detail and want to get as much done in a day as possible.
WaterSaver Faucet Co./Guardian Equipment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and retaining a diverse work force and providing a safe and healthy work environment.
Our candidate evaluation process includes tests for reading comprehension and basic math. Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of reference checks, criminal background checks and physical exam (including a drug screen).