Who we are.
Founded forty years ago, Guardian Equipment manufactures industrial safety products (specifically, emergency eyewash and shower equipment). We are a family-owned company and the largest manufacturer of these products in the world. Product quality, innovation and service to our customers drive our success.
Proud to call Chicago home.
Our headquarters is located in the heart of Chicago’s River West neighborhood in a 50,000 square foot state-of-the-art LEED-Gold certified facility. We can be easily accessed from the Kennedy Expressway (I90) and public transportation.
Why you should join the Guardian team.
We offer a workplace environment that rewards commitment, talent and the drive for excellence.
Whatever your career goals may be, we recognize the importance of cultivating talent from within and creating opportunities for our most dedicated employees to accomplish professional growth. We have a long and successful history of promoting from within and supporting continued education, technical training and skills development.
Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking a Production Team Lead that will focus on completing daily objectives. You will be the shop floor leader of a production area, responsible for the safety, quality and productivity of a team of associates. You will lead by example and be expected to perform every function of your department. Specific responsibilities include:
- Requisitioning raw materials and components.
- Planning daily work activities by assessing project and resource requirements.
- Training, assisting and monitoring personnel in work procedures and methods.
- Monitoring workflow while maintaining a heavy shop floor presence.
- Making sure customer orders are filled on time and complete without errors.
- Tracking and reporting production data to meet specified goals.
- Proactively communicating with other departments to maintain quality and production standards and resolve problems.
- Ensuring production and packing rates are being achieved.
- Assisting the Leadership Team in setting and adhering to standards of accountability.
- Working to document and follow disciplinary process when needed.
- Communicating job expectations.
- Coaching employees to give their best and working closely with each team member to help achieve their full potential.
- Performing other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with a track record of increasing responsibilities, OR
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a supervisor/lead position.
- Ability to read prints and work instructions.
- Experience using hand and pneumatic tools.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to motivate and lead employees.
- Good communication skills as this position must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of MS Office programs and proficient at using a computer.
- Working knowledge of an ERP computer system (AS400 is a plus).
- Experience in a union environment and bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
We offer the chance to work for a stable and growing company where your contributions and efforts are rewarded.
- Starting hourly pay rate is $17 - $20.00/hour
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance
- MetLife dental insurance
- VSP vision insurance
- Life, AD/D, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Profit-sharing plan
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Ten paid holidays per year
WaterSaver Faucet Co./Guardian Equipment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a safe and healthy work environment.