We’re an exciting start-up developing a cryptocurrency network based on an open-source third generation blockchain. We’re creating products which are focused on setting a new standard in security and protection for buyers while solving widespread problems in game development.
We’re looking for a Chief Compliance Officer who will be primarily responsible to see the company successfully enter markets through becoming a licensed Money Transmitter in 49 states within the US. You will handle the company’s regulatory and compliance interface between the company and various regulators on regulatory compliance matters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· You will have primary oversight and implementation responsibility for all US and supporting foreign market compliance, monitoring and regulatory processes and procedures and training.
· You will be the primary contact to manage all regulatory and compliance matters related to US money transmission licenses and US risk management regarding such licenses, ensuring transparency and accountability of relevant risk owners.
· You will be coordinating state money transmitter license reporting, including preparation and submission of all renewal applications, quarterly, semi-annual, annual financial and other reports as required.
· Prepare notification and forms related to any and all material changes to the company as required by state regulators.
· Coordinate, direct, prepare and assist in multiple state regulatory examinations throughout the year.
· Create and main the BSA/AML/OFAC Risk Assessment and Compliance Program.
· Provide internal reporting to the Executive Team.
· Support internal audit implementation, execution and reporting.
· Submit Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) to FinCEN and manage the transaction monitoring process
· Design, implement and periodically review KYC procedures and additional customer due diligence on medium and high risk clients or clients seeking certain products/services.
· Manage sanctions screening process, fine tune the filter thresholds, review suspected matches and report valid matches to the board and appropriate regulatory authorities
· Coordinate implementation activities with lines of business and support groups to ensure that applicable business procedures get updated to incorporate program changes.
· Prepare training materials and provide guidance and advice on more complicated AML/CFT issues.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant field
· CAMS certification desirable
· 5+ years relevant US BSA/AML/OFAC experience working in a state-regulated MSB in compliance, regulatory affairs, regulator reporting or similar roles
· Direct experience and working knowledge of money transmitter licensing regulations and requirements
· Direct experience initial submissions, applications on NMLS for state licensing requirements and compliance for state Money Transmitter Licenses.
· Experience managing a compliance department would be beneficial.
· Existing positive relations with key state regulators is desirable
· Committed to the highest levels of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
Key Traits We’re Looking For:
Banking Finance Compliance
Money Service Government BSA/AML/OFAC
Money Transmitter/MTL Insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Awesome bonus
- 20 days annual leave
- 8 days sick leave
- 100% medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and FSA
- Free shuttles between Caltrain Menlo Park and office
- Gym on site, accessible 24/7
- Located on corner of Marsh Road and 101, by the Dumbarton Bridge exit.
- Loads more!
Blockchain technology is now widely viewed as the next breakthrough technology poised to change the world of commerce, business and elsewhere in our lives within the next ten years. It offers opportunities that optimize transactions and processes and cutting losses due to inefficiencies and fraud. But currently there isn’t any solution regarding the opportunities available to address problems this innovative technology has such as the social-economic cost being currently ignored.
World Open Network, Inc. (WON INC for short) believes that a global community should be one that is open, sustainable, encourages diversity, innovation and thrives as it reinforces positive values to the world as a whole. Blockchain has laid a technological foundation to make this vision a reality. We’re committed to create such a community and name it the World Open Network (WON).
We will build a global blockchain community which creates long-term value for the community and rewards positive actions that uphold the community’s guidelines around social and economic responsibility a social/economic. The open-source 3rd generation blockchain software we’re developing is just one part of our strategy to achieve this vision, along with the network and exchange but more importantly, the community we build that will support this vision. The new blockchain will have significant benefits that address the growing alarm that regulatory bodies rightly have as rogue crypto companies are taking advantage of unsophisticated (and even qualified) investors who don’t want to miss out on the next Bitcoin and yet lose so much to a market that is behaving like the wild west. By focusing our blockchain to respect the community, to uphold strict policies around AML/KYC and enforcing that the community is protected by rewarding social-economic actions that benefit the world, we believe WON will set a new standard in the crypto space.
We’re at Series A funding and based in Menlo Park at the corner of the Dumbarton Bridge exit on Highway 101. Our team has significant strengths and successes in virtual currency trading, network security and game development and publishing with audiences over 100M. We’ve a great vision for the blockchain, cryptocurrency, community and platform we’re creating and how it will solve real issues to change cryptocurrency on a global scale.