We're an exciting start-up company built by validated serial entrepreneurs who've started several other very profitable endeavors. Our newest company is building a crypto-currency platform based on an open-source third generation blockchain. Our team goal is to set a new standard in security and protection for end-users while empowering people to do right things.
The Compliance officer will be responsible for leading, enhancing and maintaining the Company`s Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) compliance program, including Know Your Customer, Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence activities. He or she will be responsible for developing a strategic plan to enhance our existing program and successfully executing upon that plan.
1. Assist with the evaluation of financial regulatory information, including evaluating for BSA compliance.
2. Contact banks and regulators to form relationships.
3. Develop, implement and maintain risk assessment and control framework through strong compliance policies, standards and procedures related to BSA/AML risks.
4. Conduct customer due diligence (CDD), enhanced due diligence (EDD), and third party due diligence as needed.
5. Responsible for writing, managing and ensuring timely and accurate filing of required reports to FinCEN such as SARs and CTRs.
6. Conduct annual BSA/AML and OFAC risk assessments and updates to the Company`s compliance program.
7. Preparing management and board reporting that includes insights and analysis based on industry-leading knowledge of BSA/AML topics.
8. Conduct Quarterly and annual BSA/AML audits.
9. Prepare the Company to undergo an annual independent review.
10. Provide oversight and input for AML Compliance training to employees.
11. Attend compliance-related industry conferences and meetings.
1. 3+ years of experience with implementing or analyzing financial regulatory compliance programs.
2. Knowledge of BSA and AML regulations and equivalent compliance programs implemented by regulated institutions.
3. Knowledge of conducting investigations, examinations, or audits of financial institutions.
4. Knowledge of the analysis of people, activities, methods, or trends, including money laundering, financial crime or other illicit activities.
5. A CAMS Certification is a plus.
6. BA or BS degree.
Job Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to write concisely and clearly with minimal editing
2. Possession of excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel.
3. Broad financial services knowledge and knowledge of industry best practices for continuously improving a proactive BSA/AML program.
4. Strong collaboration and leadership abilities to strategically manage to high performance outcomes.
5. Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks.
7. Demonstrated management skills required.
8. Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills.