We are an exciting start-up company founded by proven leaders who have successfully started several other very profitable companies. Our newest company is developing a cryptocurrency network based on an open-source third generation blockchain that we helped create. Our goal is to set a new standard in security and protection for buyers while solving a widespread problem in game development funding.
We are looking for an experienced compliance manager who has a demonstrated history of executive experience, a passionate and clear vision and the leadership skills to fulfill the vision.
What you’ll do
- Support WON’s growth efforts as the key regulatory compliance liaison.
- Provide management, leadership, strategic direction and to the Compliance team.
- Working with business management to develop, communicate and implement strategies, procedures and technology systems designed to enhance compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes in US and communicate potential changes.
- AML Subject Matter Expert , including but not limited to advice on regulations, directives, guidance notes, consultation drafts.
- Maintain relationships with local authorities and regulatory agencies. (e.g., SEC, CFTC, MSRB and state securities administrators). Coordinate the research, response and submission of information requested by regulatory agencies.
- Act as the main point of contact for regulatory requests in the region (internal and external).
- Identify and investigate unusual/suspicious transaction activity.
- Responsible for filing SARs and other regulatory reports.
- Play a key role in the continuous development and monitoring of our AML program.
- Conduct enhanced due diligence reviews of WON’s customers/users.
What you’ll need
- Experience working with the SEC, CFTC or other major regulatory bodies within the United States.
- Experience in developing, implementing and enforcing a comprehensive compliance program to ensure compliance with SEC,CFTC, MSRB, state laws and regulations.
- At least 1 year of direct experience in Bitcoin//Cryptocurrency/Virtual currency.
- At least 3 years’ experience in performing compliance for a money transmitter and/or a bank.
- Excellent written and verbal communication interpersonal skills. Strong problem-solving, decision-making and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial, strong sense of responsibility and very high level of integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- CAMs certification desirable.
- With a lawyer qualification or experience highly preferred