We're an exciting start-up company built by validated serial entrepreneurs who've started several other very profitable endeavors. Our newest company is building a cryptocurrency platform based on an open-source third generation blockchain. Our team goal is to set a new standard in security and protection for end-users while empowering people to do right things.
We’re looking for an exceptional Accountant who will be the primary contributor for the month-end close process for the company and its subsidiaries. You’ll be performing a wide variety of routine responsibilities in the Finance team which includes daily and monthly reconciliations, analysis and certification of accounts and research issues and adjustments. You’ll be responsible for inputting journal entries and maintaining accounting records. Ultimately, through your work, you will be ensuring the company is able to make fiscally responsible and sound decisions to protect end-users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You'll provide leadership, mentoring and development to build lean business capabilities and effectiveness. This will ensure our vision is reached and that our values are upheld and supported by each employee.
- You will be responsible for the general daily and monthly accounting functionality, including preparing and posting journal entries, managing account reconciliations, cost allocations and assist with internal and external audits.
- You’ll maintain and balance an automated consolidation system by inputting data and verifying all data.
- You’ll prepare the monthly balance sheet, profit and loss and cash flow statements, including validation of results and certifying.
- You will compile and analyze financial information for management and board reports.
- You will provide accounting support for on-boarding review of third-party developers and ongoing audit by reviewing financial information, converting data to general ledger system and obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- You participate in system and tools implementation.
- You'll have a strong focus on delivery of internal customer happiness. Work with leadership to develop effective communications, promote morale and achieve company-wide goals.
- You'll drive a high performing culture which ensures the company’s values are maintained and reinforced which lead to the company making real and significant impacts for the community through measurable success and building a service focused on high impact results to end-users.
- You will ensure that the company’s financial operations are within legal and regulatory compliance across all aspects of the company, including reporting for each statement and state regulatory reporting.
- You’ll have 2-4+ years of experience working in an accounting within a financial services firm or public accounting firm, or have multi-entity experience in a high transaction volume, rapid growth company.
- You’ll need at a minimum an accounting or finance degree.
- You will need to hold a current CPA certification.
- Exceptional attention to detail is needed to be successful.
- Experience with financial reporting and taxation preferred.
- Demonstrable track record of creating efficiencies across multi-disciplinary teams via your financial acumen.
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills.
- Real passion for blockchain, smart contracts, technology and building innovations that make a positive change to uphold our vision.
- Committed to the highest levels of integrity, ethics, teamwork and professionalism.
You should expect to receive a competitive salary, awesome bonus, 20 days annual leave, 8 days sick leave, 100% medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, 401(k) matching, free shuttles between Caltrain Menlo Park and the office (which is located on the corner of Marsh Road and 101 by the Dumbarton Bridge exit), a gym on site accessible 24/7 and lots more. Be a crucial part of the dream team with an extraordinary culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We know that a job description won't have everything you might be looking for. Do you want to know more? Please visit our website at www.worldopennetwork.net and submit your application. Our recruitment team will review your resume and be in touch with you within a few days.