We are an exciting start-up company founded by proven leaders who have successfully started several other very profitable companies. Our newest company is developing a cryptocurrency network based on an open-source third generation blockchain that we helped create. Our goal is to set a new standard in security and protection for our end users and community.
We are looking for an Employment Counsel with proven history to provide legal support for WON’s Employment and Labor. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed for all Won’s businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- · Provide advice and counsel on all employment issues related to hiring, including contract, background check, adjudication restrictive covenant review, and drafting of executive agreements.
- · Review and advise on potential risks associated with termination decisions, including mutual separations, reductions-in-force, WARN, executive separations, and terminations for cause. Draft related agreements associated with the same.
- · Partner with HR and other teams to investigate and respond to employee concerns, including allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. Advise on leaves and other accommodations. Draft position statements related to same.
- · Partner with Human Resources and managers to develop proactive employment policies, practices, and guidelines.
- · Advice on compensation related matters, including wage and hour compliance, sales compensation, commissions, incentive and other bonus plans.
- · Manage government audits on issues involving benefits, wages, compensation, immigration and discrimination including OFCCP, EBSA, and Wage and Hour branches of the DOL.
- · Conduct due diligence, advise on potential risks, and provide integration/separation assistance for mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- · Provide internal clients with advice on labor related issues.
- · Stay abreast of legal, legislative, and administrative developments in employment law.
3+ years of experience providing legal counsel to clients, with the Company or in an equivalent attorney role at another company, not-for-profit, law firm, or government agency.
- Experience working independently with minimal guidance
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to effectively interact with a wide variety of people
- Ability to prioritize multiple, ongoing initiatives and efficiently re-prioritize such responsibilities, as may be required in a changing business environment
- Able to collaborate and build partnerships with internal & external customers and promote the reputation and integrity of the Legal and Compliance organizations and the Company
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
Additional Knowledge and Skills:
- Prefer 5+ years of experience providing legal counsel to clients
- Results driven with emphasis on meeting/exceeding deadlines and commitments
- A background working with fast-paced companies in Technology and/or FinTech preferred
- Adapt quickly to ever-changing internal and business policies and procedures
- Employment Benefits experience is not required but is a plus
- Competitive Salary
- Awesome bonus
- 20 days annual leave
- 8 days personal leave
- 100% medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and FSA
- Free shuttles between Caltrain Menlo Park and office
- Gym on site, accessible 24/7
- Located on corner of Marsh Road and 101, by the Dumbarton Bridge exit.
- Loads more!
Blockchain technology is now widely viewed as the next breakthrough technology poised to change the world of commerce, business and elsewhere in our lives within the next ten years. It offers opportunities that optimize transactions and processes and cutting losses due to inefficiencies and fraud. But currently there isn’t any solution regarding the opportunities available to address problems this innovative technology has such as the social-economic cost being currently ignored.
World Open Network, Inc. (WON INC for short) believes that a global community should be one that is open, sustainable, encourages diversity, innovation and thrives as it reinforces positive values to the world as a whole. Blockchain has laid a technological foundation to make this vision a reality. We’re committed to create such a community and name it the World Open Network (WON).
We will build a global blockchain community which creates long-term value for the community and rewards positive actions that uphold the community’s guidelines around social and economic responsibility a social/economic. The open-source 3rd generation blockchain software we’re developing is just one part of our strategy to achieve this vision, along with the network and exchange but more importantly, the community we build that will support this vision. The new blockchain will have significant benefits that address the growing alarm that regulatory bodies rightly have as rogue crypto companies are taking advantage of unsophisticated (and even qualified) investors who don’t want to miss out on the next Bitcoin and yet lose so much to a market that is behaving like the wild west. By focusing our blockchain to respect the community, to uphold strict policies around AML/KYC and enforcing that the community is protected by rewarding social-economic actions that benefit the world, we believe WON will set a new standard in the crypto space.
We’re at Series A funding and based in Menlo Park at the corner of the Dumbarton Bridge exit on Highway 101. Our team has significant strengths and successes in virtual currency trading, network security and game development and publishing with audiences over 100M. We’ve a great vision for the blockchain, cryptocurrency, community and platform we’re creating and how it will solve real issues to change cryptocurrency on a global scale.