We’re an exciting start-up developing a cryptocurrency network based on an open-source third generation blockchain we’re creating which is focused on setting a new standard in security and protection for buyers while solving a widespread problem in game development funding.
We’re looking for a Chief Financial Officer to lead and direct the fiscal functions of the company in accordance with GAAP issued by the FASB, SEC and other regulatory and advisory organizations in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the cryptocurrency/blockchain and finance industries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare Financial Statement (including but not limited to asset valuation of crypto) and certification
- Run monthly, quarterly and annual compliance reporting
- Prepare Payroll, sales tax, and property tax, tax preparation and planning services, internal control analysis
- Forecast modeling and cash flow management
- Conduct Accounting staff training
- Design and implementation of Client Managed Accounting Systems
- You’ll plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate our company’s fiscal functions and performance.
- Participate directly in the development of the company’s plans and programs as a senior executive.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of our long-range planning, introducing new programs and strategies as well as regulatory actions as needed.
- Develop credibility for the company, company’s products, exchange and blockchain by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to all levels in the company within the financial disciple.
- Improve budgeting process via educating management and executives on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Optimizing the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position and FOREX issues.
- You’ll have a master’s degree in accounting, finance or business.
- Direct experience working within an engineering company that has fast yet high quality product pushes on a daily basis on a global scale with millions of end users, thousands of developers on a platform such as Google, Apple and Facebook.
- Solid understanding of cryptography, crypto-economics, blockchain technologies and smart contracts scripting.
- Understand business process improvements, business strategy & planning
- Experienced in financial management & reporting, financial modeling, price sensitivity analysis, capital structuring, cost containment strategies
- Experienced in exit strategies, governance, risk, & compliance, operations optimization, treasury and working capital management
- Advanced analytical abilities including identification of unconventional trends and emerging technologies.
- Strong abilities to aggregate information from a variety of sources including technical repositories and anecdotal feedback from teams then able to draw educated conclusions from incomplete information, employee training
- Able to explain extremely complex concepts in simple terms to a non-technical non-sophisticated audience.
- Highly adaptable in fast-moving environments and maintaining accountability to the team and other reports.
- Committed to the highest levels of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
Key Traits We’re Looking For
Economics | Investment banking | Taxation
Government interactions | Payroll |
- Competitive Salary
- Awesome bonus
- 20 days annual leave
- 8 days sick leave
- 100% medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and FSA
- Free shuttles between Caltrain Menlo Park and office
- Gym on site, accessible 24/7
- Located on corner of Marsh Road and 101, by the Dumbarton Bridge exit.
- Loads more!
Blockchain technology is now widely viewed as the next breakthrough technology poised to change the world of commerce, business and elsewhere in our lives within the next ten years. It offers opportunities that optimize transactions and processes and cutting losses due to inefficiencies and fraud. But currently there isn’t any solution regarding the opportunities available to address problems this innovative technology has such as the social-economic cost being currently ignored.
World Open Network, Inc. (WON INC for short) believes that a global community should be one that is open, sustainable, encourages diversity, innovation and thrives as it reinforces positive values to the world as a whole. Blockchain has laid a technological foundation to make this vision a reality. We’re committed to create such a community and name it the World Open Network (WON).
We will build a global blockchain community which creates long-term value for the community and rewards positive actions that uphold the community’s guidelines around social and economic responsibility a social/economic. The open-source 3rd generation blockchain software we’re developing is just one part of our strategy to achieve this vision, along with the network and exchange but more importantly, the community we build that will support this vision. The new blockchain will have significant benefits that address the growing alarm that regulatory bodies rightly have as rogue crypto companies are taking advantage of unsophisticated (and even qualified) investors who don’t want to miss out on the next Bitcoin and yet lose so much to a market that is behaving like the wild west. By focusing our blockchain to respect the community, to uphold strict policies around AML/KYC and enforcing that the community is protected by rewarding social-economic actions that benefit the world, we believe WON will set a new standard in the crypto space.
We’re at Series A funding and based in Menlo Park at the corner of the Dumbarton Bridge exit on Highway 101. Our team has significant strengths and successes in virtual currency trading, network security and game development and publishing with audiences over 100M. We’ve a great vision for the blockchain, cryptocurrency, community and platform we’re creating and how it will solve real issues to change cryptocurrency on a global scale.