Workstead is a design studio that focuses on buildings, interiors, and products. Our lighting and furniture collections are a natural extension of the studio’s interest in utility, form, and material strength. Our products are functional and iconic, balancing a dialogue between past and present. They cast a new light on durable and time-tested materials - steel, wood, cast iron, brass, and enamel - through a careful interpretation of forms and their embedded sculptural functions. Minimal in spirit, but flexible in use, the collections can be found in shops, restaurants, hotels, and residences all over the world.
WORKSTEAD PRODUCTS - Sales Associate
Workstead is seeking the next member of our Sales Team, to join our Products Studio in Hudson, NY. The Sales Associate will work in tandem with the Sales Director of Workstead Products, LLC to field inquiries and fulfill customer orders across our range of lighting and furniture collections. The Sales Associate will focus on Outreach and Administrative Tasks, prioritizing our evolving Trade Program.
In addition to achieving Quarterly Sales Goals, the Sales Associate will have exposure to the Custom Lighting and Furniture scope of Workstead Products. The Sales Associate will also have exposure to the Product Development Cycle, Press Relations, and be integral to internal goal setting and milestones to ensure that the Team is working to its greatest potential.
- Field Product Inquiries in both the Lighting and Furniture categories.
- Field Standard Quotes and New Trade Inquiries.
- Fulfill Sales Orders utilizing Trade Gecko and ShipStation.
- Complete Follow-ups on a Weekly Basis.
- Collaborate with the Studio Sales Manager to ensure that Quarterly Sales Targets are achieved.
- Assemble Finish Sample Kits as Required.
- Research New Trade Clients, and Package and Distribute Collateral.
- Nurture a healthy, positive, and supportive work environment.
- Resolve issues effectively by seeing the problem, being comfortable with conflict, and solving problems in a practical and healthy manner.
- Proudly represent the Company and tell its story.
- Google Drive Skills Required (Managing Digital File Coordination).
- Microsoft Excel Skills Required.
- Adobe Photoshop + Illustrator Skills a Plus.
- CAD Skills a Plus.
Key Questions to be Addressed in Cover Letter
- How do you view Workstead’s brand position in the landscape of Interiors and Product Design in America?
- What initiatives would you prioritize to expand upon Workstead’s current platform to reach new customers?
- What interests you most about joining Workstead?
- What drives you creatively, from a business perspective, and personally?
- Availability and Start Date
- Compensation Requirements
We are proud to offer competitive benefits and resources to help employees achieve physical, financial. and emotional well-being. We value our team, and this is one way we support our employees.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and AAD&D Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Auto, home, and pet insurance
- Merchant discount program
*NOTE: Please include a cover letter with your resume / cv upload as well as answers to the "Key Questions" above.