We are seeking an experienced Senior Designer to oversee both commercial and residential interior design projects. This position will apply a high-level of design and will ensure client satisfaction as the main point of contact for the clients. this role works independently and will lead a small team of Interns and Junior Designers throughout all phases of the project life-cycle, including delivery and installation.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Act as Lead Design Manager for a variety of project types participating during all phases of project delivery.
- Develop project schedules, budgets, and work plans utilizing company project management software.
- Participate in firm marketing, proposal writing, and project interviews.
- Manage and develop Junior Designer(s); setting and reviewing goals, providing mentorship and education, and ensuring their success.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Brooklyn studio operations, refining systems and processes and providing feedback.
- Perform interior design assignments that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation.
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting.
- Manage FF&E purchasing, taking ownership over systems and processes with Managing Director and training new hires.
- Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections needed for construction.
- Provide design support and documentation during completion and execution of design concepts.
- Work with External Consultants, Product Representatives, Furniture Dealers, and Fabricators.
- Interface with Client, Contractor, Agencies, as well as Engineering and Specialty Consultants.
- Prepare and review proposals, contracts, and consultant agreements.
- Review internal project accounting documents and process draft project billing.
- Assist in master planning, site planning and building design exercises by CAD drafting, 3D model, and digital presentation packaging.
- Prepare program and schematic proposal, project layouts and develop design in 2D and 3D using AUTOCAD for client review/approval.
- Perform design computations, specifications, compiles data, and elementary architectural assignments.
- Assist with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing for Contractors.
- Assist in the construction administration reviewing shop drawings and creating a master log of the project submittals.
- Prepare finish material sample boards, physical models and graphic presentations for client approval.
- Assists the design team on projects from the pre-schematic phase through construction documents.
This position oversees, coordinates, and directs the work of up to 3 Interns or Junior Designers
Note: This position does not have management authority to hire, terminate, promote, discipline, or make compensation decisions.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree or higher in Interior Design, Construction or Construction Design, Architecture, Fine Arts, Project Management or any related field of study, plus at least Four (4) years of experience in the job offered or in any related position(s) involving Interior Design or Construction.
Qualified applicants must also have demonstrable proficiency, knowledge, skill and experience with the following:
- CAD drafting in 3D and 2D utilizing AUTOCAD or similar design software.
- Preparing and monitoring budgets for projects of at least $500,000.
- Asana or similar Project Management software.
- Negotiating and working with Vendors, Contractors and/or Subcontractors, including scheduling and change orders.
- Demonstrated familiarity or experience with preparation and use of architectural plans including construction detailing and shop drawings.
- No travel; no telecommuting.
- No phone calls.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- E-Mail resumes to: email@example.com
- Job Location: 232 Third Street, Suite E102, Brooklyn, NY 11215