Workstead is seeking a Junior Designer to join the team in our Brooklyn office.The Junior Designer should have strong design experience on real hospitality, commercial, and or residential projects where s/he was involved in all phases of the interior design process and can demonstrate creative involvement. S/he will be a collaborative, creative thinker with a solid understanding of interior design standards and practices who brings both creativity and organization to the position.
- Prepare test fits, space planning, and schematic design schemes by CAD drafting and/or 3D model.
- Research, collect samples, and assist with finish and material selections, including fabrics trims, furniture, lighting fixtures, tile, plumbing fittings and fixtures, and accessories.
- Develop presentations for client meetings, including finish material sample boards, physical models, and 2D & 3D graphic presentations for client approval.
- Prepare construction documentation; including drawings, schedules, specifications, and custom details.
- Develop FF&E packages – participating in the selection and documentation of furniture, fixtures, equipment, and material specifications.
- Work with project consultants, product representatives, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
- Directly participate with Project Managers, Designers/Architects, and Principals to ensure projects are on schedule, on budget, reflects all client and project objectives
- Contribute to office culture and initiatives
- Professional degree in architecture or interior design
- 3 - 5 years of related experience.
- AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (PS + ID), SketchUp, and Windows proficient.
- Provide excellent presentation skills including 2D and 3D rendering skills
- Current or imminent residency in NYC
This description outlines many of the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other daily tasks within the studio are often required. Additionally, emphasis on duties and responsibilities may shift over time dependent on the needs of the firm.
We are proud to offer competitive benefits and resources to help employees achieve physical, financial. and emotional well-being. We value our team, and this is one way we support our employees.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and AAD&D Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Auto, home, and pet insurance
- Merchant discount program
*NOTE: Please upload a portfolio / work samples under the "cover letter" link below. Applications without a portfolio will not be reviewed. Please include a cover letter with your resume / cv upload.