Workstead is seeking a seasoned Project Manager with a strong design background to join the team in our Brooklyn office. The Project Manager will be responsible for leading our large complex projects with the clear goal of providing the highest possible quality of service and client satisfaction along with quality design. The PM is to maintain and monitor project profitability and schedule adherence, and coordinate and manage project communications, contracts, budgets and schedules. The PM also serves as prime point of communication between client and Workstead.
- Identify the client's project goals, objectives and quality expectations, and communicate this information to the project team
- Maintain communications and positive relationships with the client, consultants and team members
- Use firm project management tools for project initiation, planning, billings, collections, labor tracking and help create new project management tools as required
- Create internal project work plans, assign tasks to team, stay on top of progress and adjust as required to fit changing deadlines
- Review internal project accounting documents and process draft project billing
- Discuss with the leadership and consultant, on a regular basis project profitability, collections and backlog projections
- Work with leadership to assign and balance resources
- Monitor the progress of the team, evaluate team performance, and provide timely, effective feedback to the team
- Participate during all phases of project delivery
- Prepare and review proposals, contracts, and consultant agreements
- Participate in firm marketing, proposal writing, and project interviews
- Generate strong conceptual ideas and communicate those to the team.
- Work closely with principals and senior designers on generating ideas for new projects.
- Assist in design exercises by sketching, CAD Drafting, 3D model, and digital presentation packaging.
- Prepare program and schematic proposal, project layouts and develop design in 2D and 3D using AutoCAD for client review/approval.
- Assist with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing for contractors.
- Assist in the constructions administration reviewing shop drawings and creating a master log of the project submittals.
- Professional degree in architecture or interior design
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a an architectural firm in a project management role.
- Possess excellent management, leadership, organizational and presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of building materials, construction methods and systems, project costs, and code requirements
This description outlines many of the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other daily tasks within the studio are often required. Additionally, emphasis on duties and responsibilities may shift over time dependent on the needs of the firm.
We are proud to offer competitive benefits and resources to help employees achieve physical, financial. and emotional well-being. We value our team, and this is one way we support our employees.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and AAD&D Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Auto, home, and pet insurance
- Merchant discount program