Workstead is seeking a seasoned, full-time Senior Designer with proven experience in all phases of design to work in our Brooklyn Studio. This position will be instrumental in executing projects and will report directly to the Managing Director. Candidates should have strong design experience on residential development, hospitality, and commercial projects where they have been involved in coordinating and leading all phases of the interior architecture process and can demonstrate creative involvement. The ideal candidate will bring both creativity and organization to the position and demonstrated experience leading a creative team.
- Lead teams from concept through space planning, design development, documentation, construction, construction administration, and closeout
- Prepare construction documentation; including drawings, schedules, specifications, and custom details
- Develop FF&E packages – participating in the selection and documentation of furniture, fixtures, equipment, and material specifications
- Work with project consultants, product representatives, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
- Manage client expectations, team communication, and consultant coordination.
- Directly participate with Project Managers, Designers/Architects, and Principals to ensure projects are on schedule, on budget, reflects all client and project objectives
- Contribute to office culture, initiatives and mentorship of staff
- Professional degree in architecture or interior design
- 5 - 8 years of related experience, including project management and strategic planning experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of building materials, construction methods and systems, project costs, and code requirements
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (PS + ID), SketchUp and Windows proficient.
- Current or imminent residency in NYC
This description outlines many of the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other daily tasks within the studio are often required. Additionally, emphasis on duties and responsibilities may shift over time dependent on the needs of the firm.
We are proud to offer competitive benefits and resources to help employees achieve physical, financial. and emotional well-being. We value our team, and this is one way we support our employees.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and AAD&D Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
- Auto, home, and pet insurance
- Merchant discount program