) is the only Alliance Management System—where alliance leaders build-with, market-with, & sell-with their software, hardware, OEM, system integrator, service & cloud partners. WorkSpan is a privately held company backed by Mayfield & is currently in use by global enterprises including SAP, NetApp, Lenovo, & others.
At WorkSpan, you will have an incredible opportunity to work in a fast-growing, well-funded tech company. You will participate in a fast-paced growth environment where feedback is valued and acted upon for continuous growth.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will play a critical part in the continued successful growth of WorkSpan. In this role, you'll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems.
- Automate and streamline our operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Responsible for everyday company IT needs.
- Providing recommendations for improving the organization’s IT systems.
- Contribute to the evolving design and architecture of reliable and scalable infrastructure
- Deploy software to Google App Engine, Azure
- Monitor Application and App engine instances (load, performance, cost, errors, traffic)
- Tune Google App Engine settings (instances, machine type)
- External Services: Manage configurations, subscriptions, API keys of external services
- [ such as filepicker, auth0, firebase, mixed panel, sendgrid, SalesForce]
- Develop tools and scripts to monitor application
- Create operation reports for WorkSpan application, and website
- Troubleshooting deployments, Log monitoring and log analysis
- Manage data backups
- Setup build and continuous integration environments
- Identify and develop tools for improving engineering and operations efficiency
- Manage Source Code repository, branching
Skills and Qualifications
- Expertise in Google App Engine, Azure, AWS
- Comfortable in coding (Experience in Python is a plus) and shell scripting.
- SQL/ NOSQL / Database concepts
- Build VM images
- System monitoring and management tools
- Analyzing problems
- Understanding of web services
- Understanding of network management, load balancing
- Experience with CI and tools like Jenkins.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years DevOps engineering experience.
Foster City, CA
- 401K Plan - give a gift to the future you.
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance - we've got you covered.
- FSA Plan - don't worry about being taxed on medical expenses.
- Unlimited Vacation - we believe productivity stems from life balance.
- Fully-stocked Kitchen - we also take requests.
- Free Catered Lunch - yes, good food every day.