As one of our Business Development Representatives, you will play a critical part in the continued successful growth of WorkSpan.
At WorkSpan, we truly believe unlimited learning is a BIG DEAL. If you are hungry, passionate, and self-driven, you will fit in well with the culture we’ve built. In setting the bar high, WorkSpan is attracting all of the Bay Area heavy-hitters that align with our company vision. Our leadership team and board consists of Silicon Valley’s finest:
Mayank Bawa - Founder & CEO, previously founded Aster Data, acquired by Teradata for $325M
Amit Sinha - Founder & Chief Customer Officer, previously SVP of Marketing at SAP
Navin Chaddha - Mayfield Fund, investor/partner for Lyft, SolarCity, Gigya, and Akamai
Learning the skill of effective qualification is a key element to becoming a successful sales rep. The Business Development Representative’s primary responsibility is to contact key stakeholders for the purpose of understanding their business objectives and teeing them up for a more in-depth discussion with our Account Executives. Your overall responsibility is to thoughtfully qualify these opportunities and work with the sales team to bring them onboard as one of our valued, long-term customers.
Your career growth and upward mobility is ingrained within our sales methodology. Aggressive and successful individuals will be rewarded financially and will gain the business experience and knowledge needed for career advancement.
At WorkSpan, you will have an incredible opportunity to expand your network within a fast-growing, well-funded tech company. You will participate in a fast-paced growth environment where feedback is valued and acted upon for continuous growth.
A day in the life:
- Engaging in meaningful conversations with prospective clients, resulting in qualified opportunities generated for the sales team
- Sharing immediate feedback to colleagues regarding what’s working to improve efficiency
- Meeting with customers via phone and email to understand their business objectives at a high level
- Creatively thinking about ways to generate new opportunities and nurture existing ones
- Collaborating with marketing team and sales on lead quality and conversion into closed business
- Travel to help with conferences and other marketing/sales events
Desired skills and experience:
- Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent
- Good listener and able to take a consultative approach to solve problems
- Clear communications skills / excellent phone etiquette
- Strong interpersonal skills (friendly, outgoing personality, passionate, with the “get it done” type of mentality)
- Self-starter who can learn quickly and adapt to a growing & changing environment
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, Marketo, Yesware, Apollo, Boomerang, Sendbloom, and Nova is a plus
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance - we've got you covered
- 401K Plan - give a gift to the future you
- FSA Plan - don't worry about being taxed on medical expenses
- Unlimited Vacation - we believe productivity stems from life balance
- Daily Lunch - never go hungry while on the job
- Flexible Hours & Work From Home Policy - see you on Slack
- Fully-stocked Kitchen - we also take requests