Sr. Manager or Director, Implementations
WorkSpan is the only Go-To-Market Network for Alliances to automate & report on joint sales,
marketing, & solution initiatives. Translation? We help companies partner up to offer awesome
joint products & services—with the ability to engage, manage, & measure at scale. It’s as easy as
connecting with your partners who are already on the network, or inviting them to join the 180+
companies that are running over $130M in managed funds & $3.1B of influenced pipeline a year.
WorkSpan is a privately held company backed by Mayfield, & is currently in use by global
enterprises including Intel, SAP, CenturyLink, Infosys, & Lenovo.
Reporting to the VP of Network Success, the Director of Implementations will be responsible for the
implementation of WorkSpan Enterprise clients, ultimately holding the internal team accountable
to project timelines and deliverables.
The Implementations Director has business and solutions acumen and is an expert at translating
and documenting broad goals and objectives into detailed project plans and processes to drive
execution. This is a strategic and highly visible role, with the PM partnering with both external and
internal teams including Sales Engineering, Network Success Managers, Product Managers, Product,
Engineering, and C-suites.
The Network Success implementation team’s charter is to implement programs on WorkSpan
platform for our customer and their partners. Your goal will be to meet business needs while
making platform decisions to unlock business value for our users.
The team also supports internal clients -- NSMs (with new and existing customers). The team will
implement programs under the following sample scenarios:
● New customer
○ Onboarding the first program
● Existing customer
○ Onboarding a new program
○ Expanding an existing program (e.g., new partners, new reports, new processes,
○ Onboarding a customer’s partners and their specific needs on to WorkSpan as
needed. Usually determined by Sales and Network Success Managers
As the Director of this team, you will also roll up your sleeves and deliver standard and custom
implementations for our customers and their partners, while building a world class team that can
meet Implementation SLAs and constant yearn to reduce the time in which our customers can
go-live and unlock value from WorkSpan.
This position is extremely key in delivering User Love and Awesomeness (Key WorkSpan Values) to
our customers in every interaction they have with us.
● Direct responsibility to oversee and deliver all customer implementations post sales
● Manage the balance between standard & custom implementations
● Improve Implementation times so that our Customer’s can go-live faster and have a
tremendous experience in their first and every interaction with WorkSpan thereafter
● Deliver a customer centered philosophy, and a stellar team that strives to deliver
● Hire, train, and mentor Implementation Managers
● Build tools to fill process gaps that product cannot automate today. Teach the support team
to run that process post implementation and customer go-live
● Work with Product & Engineering teams to deliver faster implementations
● Work with Product & Engineering teams to spot trends that come in as custom asks today
but could be standard in product tomorrow
Need to have
● 5+ years relevant experience, including 4 years of project management experience
● Professional experience in enterprise-class SaaS software implementations required
● Professional experience in CRM, Technology Implementations, Alliance Operations or
● Prior external client-facing experience required
● Demonstrated leadership ability (management not required)
● Superior communication, organizational, and time-management skills
Sound right up your alley? Want to learn more? So do we! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
with your credentials in whatever format you feel is best. But don’t stop there—give us a few
reasons to really get excited about you. Share your thoughts on:
1. What’s the best and worst Implementations related experiences you’ve ever had? Why?
2. What are the 3 top best practices you would instill in the your model Implementation
3. Tell us about one of your biggest strengths and a weakness, or area where you could use
4. Where in your career would you like to see yourself in the next 2-3 years?
Short and concise answers will do—we’re just hoping to add some color to an otherwise typically
boring resume/LinkedIn profile. We want to get to know you!