As an engineering team member, you'll design, develop, test and maintain software for WorkSpan’s Applications and software infrastructure.
You'll work closely with product architects, product managers and engineering teams to develop new software, APIs, data models. You'll create flexible, reusable software components that let us build functionality quickly and easily.
Based on your expertise and interest, you have the freedom to choose between frontend-focused role (with Angular), backend-focused role (with Python), or full-stack-focused role.
As a principal level engineer, you will also be working closely with product and design design team to come up with solutions that best satisfy the business use cases.
- Build efficient, scalable, reusable back-end services and RESTful APIs to power our Web and Mobile applications
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and best practices.
- Enforce standards through regular code reviews.
- Write and maintain internal tools to help increase developer efficiency and effectiveness.
- Analyze and improve performance by utilizing data to monitor product and user engagement (e.g. volumes and activity, key demographics & trends, etc.) and uncover areas for improvement.
- Prepare and present recommendations, reports, and findings from experimental data all the way up to the executive level.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other engineers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Deep knowledge in web application development (i.e., prior experience building large scale web applications)
- For backend-focused role, have a a deep understanding in server side programming language such as Python / Java / C#.
- Experience in web application performance tuning
- Experience in web security (XSS, CSRF, etc)
- Experience maintaining large and growing code bases in a fast-moving environment is a plus.
- Interest in staying current with new and evolving cloud technologies.
- Experience of working with HTML5, JSON, AngularJS, Rest APIs for developing applications is a plus.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years software engineering experience