REGIONAL BUSINESS DIRECTOR (CHICAGO)
- At WFA, we believe that team sports are the best way to bring people together and create strong organizational cultures and teams (like college sports). Our mission is to strengthen company culture through sports. We achieve this by producing premium sports leagues exclusively for companies.
- Our corporate sports league experiences are unlike anything else and include first-class facilities, a pro Team Coach, branded company jerseys, a website and app, photos and video.
- Sports teams from some of the world’s best companies play with WFA including Google, Salesforce, LinkedIn, Walmart, Kaiser Permanente, Disney, Yahoo, Logitech and Apple.
- The Regional Business Director (RBD) is responsible for launching and growing WFA in the Chicago region. This role will be required to be hands-on and to take the lead as the first hire in the Chicago market.
- The RBD will have full financial and operational accountability for the WFA business in the Chicago region. The RBD will be required to recruit, develop and lead a cross-functional team to deliver the agreed results.
- The RBD will be supported by the WFA team in California and have access to all existing operating procedures and materials.
- The RBD will be the face of WFA in the Chicago market. This role will be the first hire on the ground and will be required to wear many hats initially including business development, sales, marketing, operations, budgeting and project management.
- Develop and fully own the execution of the WFA Chicago regional go-to-market launch strategy.
- Identify the resources required to achieve the annual business plan and ensure these are approved and sourced.
- Recruit, train and lead a regional team of Operations, Coaching and Sales personnel in line with the requirements of the Chicago market business plan.
- Identify and win major new company customers in order to grow revenues, while also retaining and growing existing WFA customers.
- Source, negotiate and secure facility partners in order to operate WFA sports leagues.
- Actively leverage WFA knowledge and existing working practices in order to fast-track the Chicago market and deliver a consistent WFA brand experience for all involved.
- Assist in developing WFA new market blueprint launch strategies that can be scaled.
- Attend local industry events to network and seek out new opportunities.
- Minimum 8 years of business development or general management experience.
- Minimum BS or BA degree with an MBA preferred.
- The ability to lead, inspire and develop a team.
- Strong financial understanding with a track record of managing budgets.
- Articulate and effective communicator.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex information to inform data-driven decision making.
- Strong analytical and Excel skills.
- Significant project management experience.
- Proven negotiation, listening and understanding skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is able to provide the passion and results as if WFA were their own business.
- Someone who has a great network in the sports, corporate and start-up worlds.
- A former or existing athlete.
- Start-up or new business experience.
- Competitive base salary based on experience. This role is eligible for a bonus.
- Comprehensive healthcare and 401k plan.
- 3 weeks paid vacation per year and other benefits.
- This is a full-time position in a start-up environment. The RBD may be required to work weekends and evenings on a regular basis leading up to and during our sports league seasons.