At WFA, we believe that team sports are the best way to bring people together and create strong organizational cultures and teams (like college sports!). Our mission is to strengthen company culture through sports. We achieve this by producing epic sports leagues exclusively for companies.
Our premium corporate sports league experiences are unlike anything else and include first-class facilities, a pro Team Coach, branded company jerseys, a website and app, photos and video.
Sports teams from some of the world’s best companies play with WFA including Google, Salesforce, LinkedIn, Walmart, Kaiser Permanente, Disney, Yahoo, Logitech and Apple!
WFA BASKETBALL COACH JOB DESCRIPTION:
WFA is looking for highly experienced and motivated coaches to lead Employee-Athletes from some of the world’s best companies. You will call the plays, encourage development and learning, and above all, ensure our Employee-Athletes have the best sports experience of their adult lives. As a WFA Coach you will live by our IRM principles: Inspire, Relate and Motivate.
- Coach WFA company teams in WFA sports leagues for a 9-week season which includes 1 team practice, 7 weekly league games and multiple playoff games.
- Lead WFA company teams during practices and games by giving Employee-Athletes clear direction and structure throughout every interaction. This includes pre-game (warmups), in game (instruction, tactics, substitutions and motivation) and post-game (guidance on how to improve).
- Seek opportunities to develop the company teams’ you coach. This includes both sports-specific skill development but also personal development such as a positive team-first attitude.
- Foster an inclusive environment where all Employee-Athletes are engaged and feel valued. Teamwork and sportspersonship should always be prioritized over winning.
- Effectively manage substitutions, and adhere to the WFA Way, ensuring all Employee-Athletes get playing time.
- Be an exemplary ambassador for the WFA brand always. Lead by example and inspire.
- Attend WFA Coach training as necessary during the season.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLSET REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 3 years High School, College or professional basketball playing experience.
- Coaching experience at the high school, college or professional level.
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to connect with mature, highly motivated adults.
- Punctual, good time management.
- Ability to coach to a variety of skill levels, genders, races, religions, etc.
- Able to balance competitiveness and sportspersonship with a team first attitude.
- Experience of working or professionally interacting with employees from large companies is a bonus.
- $30-$40 per hour depending on experience plus up to 20% performance bonus, part-time, non-benefited.
- Menlo College, Atherton: Sundays from 9am-5pm.
- 4-8 hours per week. September 22 to November 17.