- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively across disciplines with Product Managers, Strategists, UX Designers, Art Directors, and Developers
- Partner with clients and developers from external teams to create a product that both teams can be proud of
- 2+ years professional web dev experience
- Use of modern CSS techniques including pre-processors, critical CSS, and implementing polyfills when necessary
- Documented experience writing clean, readable, well-documented and modular JS, previous experience with JS frameworks a plus
- Experience with responsive and cross-browser development and testing
- Experience with the Liquid template language
- Concise communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent English
Nice to have
- Experience with templating languages (Moustache, Handlebars, Twig, etc)
- Experience working with Shopify, Magento or other ecommerce platform
- Experience working with Wordpress, Drupal or other CMSs
- Experience with A11y development
- Experience working with design comps in Sketch
The Wondersauce dev team spans four offices, New York, Los Angeles, Columbus and Costa Rica, and is comprised of a range of talent focusing on both backend and frontend development. As a discipline, we are extremely open and collaborative, from sharing cool finds in emerging tech and debating new methodologies, to helping each other with tough bugs and reviewing each other’s code. On individual projects, developers are involved from day 1, collaborating with all disciplines and contributing to the overall success of a project, working closely with strategy, UX and design to come up with the best solutions for the problems at hand.
The projects that we work on span a wide range of industries and technologies -- recently we’ve built an application in Python and Angular to automate social management, a Wordpress multisite for a well-known CPG brand’s B2C and B2B sites, and are creating an atomic-design-driven pattern library for an ecommerce brand in the fitness space. Aside from client projects, we are excited about experimenting with new technologies like voice and AI, focusing on making all of our sites ADA compliant so we can help make the web accessible for more people, as well as working as a team to create a library of reusable code to help speed up our workflow and knowledge share across projects.
Wondersauce is the new breed of advertising agency.
We started the agency with the goal of creating a company truly centered on human behavior. Wondersauce is focused on the complete customer journey and helping our clients understand the most relevant ways to reach their audience. Whether it’s digital, traditional, social, mobile, campaigns, marketing, point of sale, video, etc – we specialize in understanding your business and recommending the most responsible and cost-effective ways to achieve your goals.
Wondersauce is a proud member of the “Made in New York” initiative (http://wearemadeinny.com/) and the Society of Digital Agencies (http://sodaspeaks.com/). Our work has been recognized by Time Magazine, The Webby's, SiteInspire and AWWWARDS.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Wondersauce aims to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting equal opportunities regardless of religious belief, age, color, race, creed, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, ethnic origin, family status or disability (subject to the exceptions contained in the Human Rights Act 1993). The commitment applies to all aspects of the work environment, all employment activities, resource allocation and all employment terms and conditions. Selection criteria and procedures aim to ensure that employees are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.