- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively across disciplines with Product Managers, Strategists, UX Designers, Art Directors, and Developers
- Partner with clients and developers from external teams to create a product that both teams can be proud of
- 2+ years professional web dev experience
- Use of modern CSS techniques including pre-processors, critical CSS, and implementing polyfills when necessary
- Documented experience writing clean, readable, well-documented and modular JS, previous experience with JS frameworks a plus
- Experience with responsive and cross-browser development and testing
- Experience with the Liquid template language
- Concise communication skills, both written and verbal
Nice to have
- Experience with templating languages (Moustache, Handlebars, Twig, etc)
- Experience working with Shopify, Magento or other ecommerce platform
- Experience working with Wordpress, Drupal or other CMSs
- Experience with A11y development
- Experience working with design comps in Sketch
The Wondersauce dev team spans three offices, New York, Los Angeles and Columbus, and is comprised of a range of talent focusing on both backend and frontend development. As a discipline, we are extremely open and collaborative, from sharing cool finds in emerging tech and debating new methodologies, to helping each other with tough bugs and reviewing each other’s code. On individual projects, developers are involved from day 1, collaborating with all disciplines and contributing to the overall success of a project, working closely with strategy, UX and design to come up with the best solutions for the problems at hand.
The projects that we work on span a wide range of industries and technologies -- recently we’ve built an application in Python and Angular to automate social management, a Wordpress multisite for a well-known CPG brand’s B2C and B2B sites, and are creating an atomic-design-driven pattern library for an ecommerce brand in the fitness space. Aside from client projects, we are excited about experimenting with new technologies like voice and AI, focusing on making all of our sites ADA compliant so we can help make the web accessible for more people, as well as working as a team to create a library of reusable code to help speed up our workflow and knowledge share across projects.