In this role, you will be the technical lead on projects, working very closely with our clients and internal teams, from pitch to planning to delivery. Pitch to delivery for us means being responsible for establishing technical architecture on client projects, determining resource allocation, and being involved in ideation for execution of the client’s vision. You’ll manage an interactive development team and lead by example, architecting solutions, setting and evolving development policies and standards as technology evolves, performing code reviews, and mentoring/training team members, all while maintaining the technical proficiency to step into the trenches of coding and development if necessary in order to meet deadlines. You will report directly to the Technology Director, and liaise between client-based and in-house technology teams, project & account managers and other business units, with a focus on pinpointing the intersection between technical, business, and creative goals, and the team’s capabilities in an effort to create immersive, unforgettable experiences for the client and end-user
The Wondersauce dev team spans three offices, New York, Columbus, and Los Angeles, and is comprised of a range of talent focusing on both backend and frontend development. As a discipline, we are extremely open and collaborative, from sharing cool finds in emerging tech and debating new methodologies, to helping each other with tough bugs and reviewing each other's code. Developers are involved on projects from day 1, collaborating with all disciplines and contributing to the overall success of a project, working closely with strategy, UX and design to come up with the best solutions for the problems at hand.
The projects that we work on span a wide range of industries and technologies -- recently we’ve built an application in Python and Angular to automate social management, a Wordpress multisite for a well-known CPG brand’s B2C and B2B sites, and are creating an atomic-design-driven pattern library for an ecommerce brand in the fitness space. Aside from client projects, we are excited about experimenting with new technologies like voice, AI and AR, focusing on making all of our sites ADA compliant so we can help make the web accessible for more people, as well as working as a team to create a library of reusable code to help speed up our workflow and knowledge share across projects.
- The ability to talk anyone through the pros and cons of the latest distributed system you designed and explain how it can help achieve business objectives.
- Time split between management and development
- Architect solutions for scale, complexity, security and fault tolerance
- Manage a team of software developers responsible for developing software that meet established standards
- Mentor projects through their full life cycle
- Lead tech stack exploration and consulting for both internal and clients and directly inform the platform choices, development methods, tech architecture, etc.
- Help develop a vendor partner model and vet vendors, manage vendor relationships, and develop processes to support technical builds and programs.
- Asses and evaluate possible hires of developers and creative technologists
- Develop strategies for creative tech and interactive design
- Develop strategies for technical execution of projects
- Asses and develop scope for technical execution of projects
- Weekly conferences with technical directors in New York
- A great attitude, a sense of humor, and a strong sense of being a team-player
- 7+ years of software and application development experience, preferably working primarily within a .Net environment with C#
- Experience with PHP, Python, Node.js, &/or open-source languages is a big plus
- Good experience managing &/or mentoring application developers (formally or informally)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical internal clients and team members
- Strong experience with software design patterns, system architecture, service-oriented architecture, and building API’s
- Strong database skills, preferably with SQL &/or MySQL, and database optimization concepts
- Experience/familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS) like Sitecore - Drupal/Acquia or Adobe AEM is a plus
- Experience writing shared and reusable components of code, and designing and tuning applications that can scale
- Ability and preferably a general affinity for learning new technology
Wondersauce is the new breed of advertising agency.
We started the agency with the goal of creating a company truly centered on human behavior. Wondersauce is focused on the complete customer journey and helping our clients understand the most relevant ways to reach their audience. Whether it’s digital, traditional, social, mobile, campaigns, marketing, point of sale, video, etc – we specialize in understanding your business and recommending the most responsible and cost-effective ways to achieve your goals.
Wondersauce is a proud member of the “Made in New York” initiative (http://wearemadeinny.com/) and the Society of Digital Agencies (http://sodaspeaks.com/). Our work has been recognized by Time Magazine, The Webby's, SiteInspire and AWWWARDS.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Wondersauce aims to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting equal opportunities regardless of religious belief, age, color, race, creed, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, ethnic origin, family status or disability (subject to the exceptions contained in the Human Rights Act 1993). The commitment applies to all aspects of the work environment, all employment activities, resource allocation and all employment terms and conditions. Selection criteria and procedures aim to ensure that employees are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.