We are seeking a senior front end developer, well-versed in React, to join our growing development team. We work in a collaborative, ego-free environment and would expect you to have a respectful and open mind. Wondersauce places a large emphasis on clean design, intuitive interactions, and custom solutions to meet the needs of our wide range of clients. We are looking for someone who has a strong foundation with the desire to learn and grow as a developer with our team. Perhaps most importantly, you have an eye for detail and the ability to make beautiful designs come to life through code. If you enjoy working on both server-side structure as well as client-side styling and interactivity, we’d love to hear from you.
We are currently mapping out our strategy for future web applications, and would like to build out our React capabilities. You would play a leading role in helping establish best practices.
The Wondersauce dev team spans four offices, New York, Columbus, Los Angeles and Costa Rica, and is comprised of a range of talent focusing on both backend and frontend development. As a discipline, we are extremely open and collaborative, from sharing cool finds in emerging tech and debating new methodologies, to helping each other with tough bugs and reviewing each other's code. Developers are involved on projects from day 1, collaborating with all disciplines and contributing to the overall success of a project, working closely with strategy, UX and design to come up with the best solutions for the problems at hand.
The projects that we work on span a wide range of industries and technologies -- recently we’ve built an application in Python and Angular to automate social management, a Wordpress multisite for a well-known CPG brand’s B2C and B2B sites, and are creating an atomic-design-driven pattern library for an ecommerce brand in the fitness space. Aside from client projects, we are excited about experimenting with new technologies like voice, AI and AR, focusing on making all of our sites ADA compliant so we can help make the web accessible for more people, as well as working as a team to create a library of reusable code to help speed up our workflow and knowledge share across projects.
- Own the build of stable and maintainable codebases using React
- Work both autonomously and collaboratively across disciplines with Product Managers, Strategists, UX Designers, Art Directors, and Developers
- Provide accurate estimates and help manage and coordinate projects
- Help establish best practices and direction for new and existing JS frameworks
- 3+ years professional coding experience
- 2+ years professional JS experience
- Experience writing React front-end state machines
- Use of modern CSS techniques including pre-processors, critical CSS, and implementing polyfills when necessary
- Documented experience writing clean, modular, well-documented and well-tested JS
- Experience with responsive and cross-browser development and testing
- Experience with integrating with SOAP and REST APIs
- Experience with coordinating complex software development projects
Nice to have
- Full-stack experience, using server side frameworks like server side Node.JS, PHP
- Experience using Google Tag Manager or Tealium Tag Manager to trigger conversion events
- Experience with continuous integration
- Experience with performance measurement and optimization
- Experience working with design comps in Sketch
Wondersauce is the new breed of advertising agency.
We started the agency with the goal of creating a company truly centered on human behavior. Wondersauce is focused on the complete customer journey and helping our clients understand the most relevant ways to reach their audience. Whether it’s digital, traditional, social, mobile, campaigns, marketing, point of sale, video, etc – we specialize in understanding your business and recommending the most responsible and cost-effective ways to achieve your goals.
Wondersauce is a proud member of the “Made in New York” initiative (http://wearemadeinny.com/) and the Society of Digital Agencies (http://sodaspeaks.com/). Our work has been recognized by Time Magazine, The Webby's, SiteInspire and AWWWARDS.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Wondersauce aims to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting equal opportunities regardless of religious belief, age, color, race, creed, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, ethnic origin, family status or disability (subject to the exceptions contained in the Human Rights Act 1993). The commitment applies to all aspects of the work environment, all employment activities, resource allocation and all employment terms and conditions. Selection criteria and procedures aim to ensure that employees are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.