Wolf Den is seeking an experienced professional to support the continued growth of our Buy-Side practice at the Principal/Director level. Wolf Den’s Buy-Side practice covers the entire M&A life cycle, from M&A target identification through due diligence, post-merger integration, and outsourced “turn-key” corporate development support. Our clients include several dozen private equity firms and many of the most active strategic acquirers in the federal market. We support our client’s acquisitions from niche strategic tuck-ins to the largest public company mergers reshaping the federal sector.
This role focuses on leading client-facing engagements and internal management of Wolf Den teams executing on M&A strategy, candidate sourcing, due diligence, and post-merger integration efforts. Superior candidates will also manage client relationships to support the ongoing growth of their businesses. This role is ideal for a proven and proactive professional eager to be part of a fast-growing management consulting firm with access to the top executives and investors in the federal market.
Desirable candidates will possess the following qualities:
- Experience with financial analysis and M&A due diligence (5-10 years);
- Proven ability to create original content and manage client engagements;
- Creativity in incorporating strategic, financial, and game theory decisioning into successful M&A candidate sourcing approaches, deal structures, and due diligence products;
- Passion for learning our methodologies and proprietary tools for Federal M&A sourcing, due diligence, and integration;
- Sense of urgency and fastidious approach to succeeding in a demanding environment where we expect to provide clients with market leading content and superior analysis; and
- Desire to be part of a meritocratic pack that takes our work seriously but not ourselves too seriously.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of five years of experience and strong performance in federal market corporate development, investment banking, or principal investing. We expect demonstrable aptitude and cultural fit from any candidate, including a writing sample, interviews with our leadership team, and professional references.
Wolf Den Associates is the leading strategy and management consulting firm focused on helping federal market participants accelerate their growth. We advise investors and operators across the federal, national security, and civil marketplace, including top private equity sponsors as well as the largest and fastest growing federal contractors. Wolf Den serves more than one third of the Washington Technology Top 100, including more than half of the top 25, and a roster of financial sponsor clients with over $500B in Assets Under Management. Across more than 1,500 engagements for over 330 clients, Wolf Den has advised on the largest acquisitions in the sector worth billions in transaction value, charted corporate strategies for some of the most innovative companies in the space, and helped win tens of billions of dollars of competitive federal contracts, from 8(a)s pursuing their first prime award to publicly traded companies chasing the largest programs in the U.S Government.