Mission: Supplier to the Automotive Industry
The automatic press operator is essentially the regular 625’s but with some key differences. APO’s are familiar with how progressive dies operate and how the raw material (coil) is continuously fed.
1. Participates in preventative actions where appropriate. Conducts corrective actions and perform problem solving analysis and reporting as required.
2. Conducts housekeeping for personal work area and shared facility space.
3. Observes and complies with all safety, environmental, regulatory, and statutory requirements associated with this job description.
4. Participates in needs analysis and attends and performs the requirements of scheduled training and educational programs identified for this position.
5. Participates, as requested, in independent objective auditing activities and supports company continuous improvement activities.
6. Stops work on processes as appropriate and contains suspect or defective material or services to avoid further processing.
7. Works at different work stations as production needs require.
8. Ensures materials needed are present and requests or retrieves needed material when necessary.
9. Starts press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
10. Inspects parts for conformance to specifications and contacts a team leader and/or quality inspector to discuss non-conformances.
11. Cleans machines.
12. Packs parts in specified relationship to each other.
13. Completes tags to track the flow of product and identify operators performing work on the product.
14. Completes appropriate paperwork and turns completed paperwork into the team leader.
Frequent exposure to noise, fumes, heat, sparks and smoke. May also be exposed to water, vibration, dust, grease and oil. LOUD environment
1. Problem Solving
2. Technical Skills
3. Good Oral Communication and good Written Communication
4. Teamwork - Treats others with respect
5. Follows policies and procedures
6. Motivation - Sets and achieves goals
7. Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
8. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures
guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe equipment and materials
9. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
10. Attention to detail
11. Flexibility - Must be able to work overtime when needed
1. Ability to stand for whole shift
2. Stay on task
3. Must be able to read English
4. Must have basic math skills
5. **** MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 SOLID AND RECENT YEAR OPERATING AN AUTOMATIC METAL STAMPING PRESS ****