Senior Electrical Design Engineer, $100-125k/yr DOE, Roanoke, VA - DIRECT HIRE
This position is responsible for making the electrical design of transformers, utilizing and applying electrical design principals, research data, appropriate industry standards, and proposed product specifications. This person would analyze the data to determine the feasibility of product proposal and confers with Sales, manufacturing and other engineering personnel to clarify or resolve problems. This individual would also analyze companies historical test data/reports to determine if designs will meet functional and performance specifications and prepare design modifications as needed.
The Electrical Design Engineer is a position which requires previous design experience and the ability to perform independent design and packaging services based on previous experience and similar jobs already done. Some judgment is required in selecting design parameters. Occasionally complex job assignments could be made with specific directions and guidelines and such work will be closely supervised.
- Be familiar with industry standards that govern the design and test of transformers.
- Make electrical advance material ordering (AO), design and detailed package for routine jobs where packages for such similar jobs are already available. The design and packages will be checked by another designer before AO and package release.
- Make complex transformer designs such as LTC and Autotransformer
- Check routine jobs of the same complexity done by other designers for design and packaging accuracy.
- Review test data and sign test report for the assigned job.
- Make sketches and nameplate drawings (CAD) as required for jobs and other drawings as directed by supervisor.
- Take turnkey responsibility for the cost and performance of medium complexity jobs.
- Assist supervisor on small developmental projects.
- Satisfy all work performance requirements as determined by the supervisor, as well as all attendance guidelines as established by the Employee Handbook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology plus 15-18 years’ experience in design, development or testing
- Relevant experience in transformer or other power-related products
- Wet tech experience preferred