Maintenance Technician, $22/hr+ DOE, 3rd Shift, Grand Rapids, MI
A local food supplier with over 60 years in the industry is actively seeking a seasoned Maintenance Technician to join their team on 3rd shift. This individual would be responsible for the maintenance of facility equipment, production equipment, and maintenance of system equipment while working with a team of people.
- Maintain mechanical and electrical equipment for the processing and production of butter or other food products
- Maintain refrigeration equipment for the storage of food products
- Safely perform preventative maintenance on mechanical, electrical and facility equipment
- Troubleshoot complex mechanical and electrical systems including PLC’S SERVO SYSTEM and CNC equipment
- Fabricate equipment to food grade standards for production and prototype purposes.
- Install equipment and educate production staff on how to effectively run the equipment.
- Utilize designated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Functions & Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 1-2 years steady experience in maintenance and electrical experience necessary. GMP for food manufacturing, mechanical, welding of aluminum and stainless steel required.
- Electrical, refrigeration and PLC, Servo and Communication knowledge preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge for use of e-mail.
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred.
- Ability to work with manufacturing machinery, be mechanically inclined, understand use of tools, knowledge of large food processing equipment is highly preferred.
Benefits: Everyone employed with Workbox Staffing receives access to a personalized career consultant, healthcare, disability insurance, and advancement opportunities.
Job Order#: 162900