The Creative Operations Manager (COM) is equal parts managing the creative development process and enhancing the agency’s creative output, by providing a keen POV on creative workflow and operational best practices. A strong COM is the glue that holds creative development together, acting as an agnostic steward of the creative process, COMs are experts in bringing creative people together and making delivery magic happen. The COM collaborates effectively with other team members and the Director of Creative Operations to ensure creative success, application of best practices, and seeks continued areas for innovation and impact, to advance our agency’s Branded Everything mission.
Responsibilities & Skills
You’ll function as the operations and delivery point person across a designated brand(s), driving timelines for enhanced output, help solve creative resource needs and manage the workflow throughout the lifecycle of a project. COMs manage overarching schedules, creative development budgets and reconciliation. They have full visibility of 360-campaigns from concepting through delivery and help to keep the Brand Leadership Team focused on priorities, resource needs, and scope throughout.
The ideal candidate is someone senior or a PM prodigy that exhibits the following:
- 5+ years creative or in-house agency experience, developing creative work across multiple channels
- Knowledgable on various types of agency workflow models and potential tools for enhancement
- Led conversations on how to adjust/refine/re-prioritize creative development shifts as needed to successfully delivered
- Razor-sharp creative problem-solving abilities and attention to detail; able to think clearly under pressure, remain flexible and manage challenging deadlines/stressful situations with confidence
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and keeping accurate and detailed records for every project
- Collaborates well with others and is a team player with a positive attitude and provides visibility to all necessary team members
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with employees of all levels
- Expertise with project management and resource allocation platforms, tools and/or software of various types is strongly desired
- PMP, CSM or other Project Mangement certification is always a plus; nice to know you’re a craft master
- Shares in our philosophy that that work comes first and thrives in creatively driven environments
- Reports to Director of Creative Operations
Wieden+Kennedy believes that each team member makes a significant contribution to our success in being the “Most Provocative Maker of Branded Everything.” That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties and job scope, but not limit the employee or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each team member will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our Branded Everything mission and to pursue individual career growth.