General Position Summary
Wieden+Kennedy believes that each team member makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the employee or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each team member will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors and to pursue individual career growth.
The Executive Producer will oversee the VFX, color and delivery teams within Joint. This role requires leadership; and the ability to manage resources, talent and business.
The Executive Producer will have an in depth understanding of the Creative Technology, VFX and animation industries -- including key business drivers, and the experience to build talent and client relationships (agency and direct-to-brand).
The Executive Producer will be proactive, entrepreneurial, passionate about innovative storytelling and have an excellent understanding of the strategic goals of W+K Studios.
Major Responsibilities/Primary Functions
- Lead and advocate for best practices: concepting through delivery. Comfortably challenge project decisions and provide alternative approaches where needed.
- Have your finger on the pulse of emerging technologies and understand what best in class solutions exist in order to accommodate expansion of W+K Studio’s services and the new types of work we bring in.
- Grow and mentor healthy and successful creative, production and technology teams that balance work, learning and innovation. Champion a culture of constructive feedback, both individually and as a group.
- Exceptional team management, communication and networking skills are a prerequisite
- Responsible for project EBITDA/profitability.
- Operate as VFX and/or Project Producer on select projects.
- Establish creative and workflow parameters suitable to each project. Projects range from social, digital, HD formats to 8K resolution including 2D/3D Visual Effects and Motion Graphics.
- Leverage resources for other post-production services
- Bidding projects for all services offered, responsible for project P&L, EBITDA.
- Negotiating with outside vendors for sub-contracting work and identifying strategic partnerships
- Recruiting and Hiring staff and freelance talent (artists, producers, coordinators, tech, etc.)
Qualifications, Distinguishing Characteristics and Special Requirements
- Awareness of emerging tools and technologies and an understanding of real-time including augmented reality and virtual reality.
- Extensive relationships with talent across production, VFX, animation, design and creative technology.
- A range of project management tools (e.g. TeamGantt, Favro, Jira, Git, Trello, Basecamp)