What we are looking for
Wise Systems is looking for a senior backend software engineer to work on ensuring that our platform conforms with the needs of customers. This customer-centered engineer will be focused on integrations, efficient feature delivery, and high engineering standards.
You will be crucial to helping effectively integrate customers onto the Wise platform and optimizing their usage of the system to ensure a high-quality customer experience.
We need someone who is fast and adaptable, and able to quickly context switch to new projects. You will be expected to be a problem solver and to be highly responsive to customers and your supervisor as new challenges arise.
Strong programming skills are necessary.
- Strong ownership of the full backend stack - from design through to deployment and beyond
- Design, develop and implement large-scale distributed systems with large volumes of data, focusing on scalability, latency, and fault-tolerant
- Work with Solutions Architecture team and customers to understand requirements
- Analyze and improve efficiency, reliability, and scalability of the platform
- Extensive knowledge with big data ecosystem and cloud based technology
- Proficient understanding of data infrastructure and backend systems
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database.
- You have a disciplined and focused approach to solving problems
- You bring a culture of respect for customers based on integrity, collaboration, and partnership with your peers in the company
- You value being in a team-oriented culture
- You pride yourself in coming up with creative solutions
- You are goal-oriented, a quick learner, a self-starter, and a problem solver
Location: Cambridge, MA or Montreal, QC