Who we are:
Wise Systems is on a mission to optimize the world, helping logistics operations compete in an increasingly dynamic and connected world.
Based in Cambridge, MA, Wise Systems was started out of MIT with the goal of using data to help cities and industries operate in smarter ways. Wise Systems has grown steadily, building an incredible, diverse team that shares a deep commitment to our customers’ success. Wise Systems also has a highly engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science.
As we continue to grow, we are eager to bring together people who are curious, ambitious, and creative. If you are excited about solving real-world problems and building powerful and cutting-edge products, we need you.
What we are looking for:
The Wise Systems Solution Engineer (SE) is a key role in helping deliver best-in-class technical sales and service for a growing enterprise customer base. The SE will handle engagements with customers during pre-sales and deployment phases, technically configuring client accounts to suit specific use cases and managing data ingestion and export with clients. The SE will own resolving field-level technical support issues on an ongoing basis while a customer is live. In addition, the SE will develop and document best practices and share critical information with the extended Wise Systems team.
- Engage with the Sales team to implement proof-of-concept solutions or custom demos in the pre-sales process
- Perform pre-sales audits in order to assess customer environments, recommend optimal system configurations and document integration requirements
- Facilitate high quality deployments, partnering with the Customer Experience team on customer onboarding and training and implementing client-specific account configurations specifically around data ingestion and export
- Post-deployment ownership of customer support technical issues, working to implement resolutions or work closely with Product Management to ensure support issues and feature requests are escalated when appropriate
- Document customer-specific and/or product issues and proposed solutions
- Work closely with Customer Experience and Product Management/Engineering teams to identify and resolve customer concerns and capture all feature requests and request for improvement
- Where necessary, perform system maintenance (upgrades, reconfiguration, etc.)
- Ensure ongoing technical proficiency with all of company’s products
- Bring a working understanding of and proficiency with calibration equipment for validating product performance
- BS in a technical discipline (e.g., Computer Science) plus a minimum of 3 years of experience in a customer-facing field engineering role
- Bilingual in French and English
- Python, SQL strongly preferred
- You have been the primary technical contact person for customer-facing projects
- Analytical, technical and problem-solving skills that can be applied to real-world solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of people – with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with customers and internal teams
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with leading business applications (Excel, Word, PPT, Keynote and others), as well as comfort with CRM applications
- Highly skilled at time management, with proven ability to manage variations in workload
- Ability to develop solutions when no crisp layout of the problem exists
- Travel to customer sites required – up to 30%
- You have a disciplined and focused approach to solving ambiguous problems and are obsessed with ensuring customer success
- You bring a culture of respect for customers based on integrity, collaboration and partnership with your peers in the company
- You pride yourself in adhering to the highest ethical standards and will tirelessly advocate for customers to influence all departments in the company
- You value being in a team-oriented culture
- You pride yourself in coming up with creative solutions
Location: Montreal, QC