What we are looking for
Wise Systems is looking for a Machine Learning and Data Infrastructure Engineer to work on ensuring that our platform continually evolves to provide solutions for our customer needs. This data-driven engineer will be focused on gathering insights from our proprietary datasets, designing and deploying ML algorithms, and implementing best practices around ML development at Wise Systems.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the entire machine learning development lifecycle, from research and development to deploying solutions in production environments. We are looking for someone with a strong background in statistics and machine learning techniques to help discover opportunities to both improve existing solutions and implement new ones.
Strong programming skills are necessary.
- Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the data warehouse life cycle phases to design an integrated, high quality solution to address the business requirements
- Design, develop, and evaluate machine learning models to solve business problems
- Assist development teams with integrating ML into technology architecture
- Build and maintain automated pipelines for onboarding new client data into ML applications and evaluating effectiveness
- Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, EMR, Python and Spark.
- Build and deliver high quality data architecture to support BI needs of business analysts, data scientists, and external customers.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
- Design and deliver highly available data management systems
- Provide high-level perspective and input on all development projects and contribute to the creative process across other disciplines and features
- 3+ years working as a ML or Data Engineer using Python or similar language
- Extensive knowledge with big data ecosystems and cloud based technology. AWS experience is a plus.
- Experience deploying machine learning in applications to solve real world problems
- Proficient understanding of data infrastructure and backend systems
- Demonstrated experience developing ETL pipelines and solutions
- Strong communicator with ability to effectively convey complex topics to audiences of varying technical expertise
- You have a disciplined and focused approach to solving problems
- You bring a culture of respect for customers based on integrity, collaboration, and partnership with your peers in the company
- You value being in a team-oriented culture
- You pride yourself in coming up with creative solutions
- You are goal-oriented, a quick learner, a self-starter, and a problem solver