What we are looking for
Wise Systems is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to work on ensuring that our platform conforms to the needs of customers. This engineer will be focused on maintaining infrastructure health, building systems to empower rapid and continuous delivery of features, and scaling existing technologies to support our growing customer base.
You will be crucial to helping effectively integrate customers onto the Wise Systems platform and optimizing their usage of the system to ensure a high-quality customer experience.
We need someone who is fast and adaptable, and able to quickly context switch to new projects. You will be expected to be a problem solver and to be highly responsive to customers and your supervisor as new challenges arise.
Strong programming skills are necessary.
- Developing, improving and operating the deployment and orchestration of a complex distributed system
- Analyze existing technology stack and processes for opportunities to enhance and improve
- Provide detailed specifications (e.g. resource needs, time estimation) for proposed solutions
- Maintain computing resources and software needed for product development and delivery
- Engage with the software development teams to evaluate designs and implementations for scalability and performance
- Implementing and improving monitoring, alerting and emergency response procedures and maneuvers
- Diagnosing system performance and reliability
- Partnering with development and test groups to create rapid cycles of feedback and improvement
- Foster culture across engineering department that encourages engineers to take an active role in continually improving development processes
- Experience with using Cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Agile, Scrum and DevSecOps concepts., Configuration Mgmt and Orchestration with ARM templates, Terraform, and AWS DevOps pipelines.
- Experience integrating, testing, and deploying AWS Cloud Services into production systems
- You have a disciplined and focused approach to solving problems
- You bring a culture of respect for customers based on integrity, collaboration, and partnership with your peers in the company
- You value being in a team-oriented culture
- You pride yourself in coming up with creative solutions
- You are goal-oriented, a quick learner, a self-starter, and a problem solver
Location: Cambridge, MA or Montreal, QC