Windfall is a venture-backed data company -- our mission is to make accurate consumer data accessible to organizations across the world, ranging from nonprofits, financial institutions, and household brands. We currently work with 300+ organizations including several Fortune 500 companies. We are looking for someone who is eager to disrupt and extremely archaic, inaccurate industry, but also enjoys startup perks, happy hours, and celebrating team wins. We're a small but quickly growing team, so every single person here has a mission critical impact on our business.
As a the Lead Data Scientist, you will work directly on solving challenging modeling problems that are to our business. You will perform analyses to understand and build confidence in our datasets and work with massive structured, unstructured, transactional and real-time data sets from a variety of sources and execute on plans that improve the accuracy of our data and models. Additionally, you will be responsible for growing the data science team and providing mentorship to more junior team members.
• Build production-quality predictive models to enhance and expand our core product
• Investigate new data sources, perform statistical analyses, and document findings
• Work with engineering and data vendors to improve the accuracy of our data sources
• Perform segmentation of households and build custom models for clients
• Mentor junior team members
• PhD or similar experience in science or engineering
• Extensive experience building predictive models in production environments
• 4+ years of data science experience working in an environment with large, diverse data sets
• Expert knowledge of SQL and either R or python
• Hands-on experience working with large data sets outside of a SQL database
• Collaborative team-focused attitude with a strong desire to advance the product and learn new things
• Self-starter with experience turning ideas into actionable designs
• Experience leading teams of scientists or ML engineers
• Experience auditing data with internal and external sources
• Comfortable working in a dynamic, research oriented group
• Knowledge of consumer data space
Windfall is located in a great location in downtown San Francisco. We work with some of the brightest teammates and customers in the world, including hundreds of data-driven organizations looking to disrupt existing workflows.
While everyone talks about data science and machine learning, at Windfall we actually live it. If you’re looking to not only see how a quickly growing technology company brings its services to market, but also to see how the rest of the business ecosystem works, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Small team = opportunity for a big impact
- Compensation includes equity and a competitive salary
- Excellent company-sponsored benefits
- Shiny new MacBook Pro