Windfall is a venture-backed data company focused on modeling our the net worth of every person on the planet -- our mission is to make accurate consumer data accessible to organizations across the world, ranging from nonprofits, financial institutions, and household brands. We currently work with 250+ organizations including several Fortune 500 companies. We are looking for someone who is eager to disrupt and extremely archaic, inaccurate industry, but also enjoys startup perks, happy hours, and celebrating team wins. We're a small but quickly growing team, so every single person here has a mission critical impact on our business.
As a Data Engineer, you will help architect our overall data pipeline, implement various integrations, build APIs and collaborate with our data science team to scale our models to millions of households. You will work with massive structured, unstructured, transactional and real-time data sets from a variety of sources and execute on plans that improve the accuracy of our data and models.
- Help to define and enhance our state of the art data pipeline
- Work to ensure data cleanliness and accuracy at every stage of the pipeline
- Write tools to help clean, evaluate, and process data sources
- 4+ years of data-related engineering experience in a professional environment
- Experience with one or more distributing computing frameworks, eg, Spark, Dataflow, Hadoop, etc.
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Extensive experience with Java, python, or scala.
- Hands-on experience working with large data sets outside of a SQL database
- Collaborative team-focused attitude with a strong desire to advance the product and learn new things
- Self-starter with experience turning ideas into actionable designs
- Experience deploying code in a production environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience with large graph databases
- Knowledge of consumer data space or economics / finance
Windfall is located in a great location in downtown San Francisco. We work with some of the brightest teammates and customers in the world, including hundreds of data-driven organizations looking to disrupt existing workflows.
While everyone talks about data science and machine learning, at Windfall we actually live it. You will gain valuable exposure to data science principles and how it powers our product (data) to our end customers. If you’re looking to not only see how a quickly growing technology company brings its services to market, but also to see how the rest of the business ecosystem works, then this is the opportunity for you.
- Small team = opportunity for a big impact
- Compensation includes equity and a competitive salary
- Excellent company-sponsored benefits
- Stocked kitchen
- Shiny new MacBook Air