San Francisco, CA
About Wilbur Labs:
Wilbur Labs is a startup studio building a portfolio of companies at the intersection of marketing and technology. We are founded by a team of ex-Googlers who are reinventing the way companies are built by leveraging data and automation across the entire business life cycle. This approach eliminates inefficiencies and opens the door to scaling much faster than traditional companies.
About This Role:
We're looking for an Accounting Manager to join our growing finance team. The Accounting Manager is responsible for delivering accurate financial information across the company, overseeing day-to-day accounting processes and implementing internal controls. You will work with various teams across the company to help manage information flow and documentation and assist in financial reporting both internally and externally. The role will assist in implementing and managing accounting best practices to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including the month and year-end close process, manage the general ledger, AP, AR, and full-cycle payroll processes.
- Assist in the assessment, development, implementation, and maintenance of critical financial systems (i.e., Sage Intacct, ADP, Expensify, American Express @Work, TradeshiftGo, and others)
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce timely and accurate financial reports
- Proactively work with business leaders and data teams to ensure accuracy and consistency of financial information.
- Assist in the preparation for and management of the Company’s first year-audit
- Assess technical accounting issues for appropriate financial treatment in the financial statements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced knowledge in Excel
- Unquestionable business ethics and integrity
- In-depth knowledge of QuickBooks and other enterprise SAAS tools
- Technical accounting knowledge, GL, and US GAAP
- Self-starter who will thrive in an ambiguous startup environment
- High levels of discretion and integrity are imperative
- Previous experience working at a start-up
- CPA/CFA, and/or other relevant professional certifications
- Experience with using Sage Intacct, Netsuite, SAP, or other ERP at the Sr. GL or Accounting Manager roles.
- Competitive salary + equity
- 100% company-paid health benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited, guilt-free vacation days
- Uber/Lyft to and from work (employees based in San Francisco)
- Transportation stipend (employees based outside of San Francisco)
- Healthy breakfast, snacks and lunch provided daily
- Annual wellness benefit (gym + other wellness activities)
- Monthly house cleaning
- Annual travel allowance
- Quarterly team offsites
- State of the art ergonomics and work stations