VacationRenter is a vacation rental search engine. We love vacation rentals, but not how time-consuming and complex it can be to find the right one. So we reimagined a better way. We eliminated the need to search across several different sites and scroll through pages of irrelevant results just to find the perfect home away from home. We bring all the rental options from the leading travel sites together in one place and showcase only the best results. The business is poised to become a major player in the growing vacation rental industry.
VacationRenter was born inside Wilbur Labs, a San Francisco-based startup studio. Founded by ex-Googlers, VacationRenter uses automation and AI to help travelers find the perfect vacation rental.
About This Role
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial lead designer who wants to help us build out the future of the vacation rental metasearch experience and define the VacationRenter experience with everything including branding, assets, product features and design guidelines. This is a full-time, on-site design position based in Austin.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with engineering and product to design and implement new product features
- Create and develop a product design system for VacationRenter
- Work closely with our content team to design the content needed for making VacationRenter a household brand
- Contribute to all parts of the business where design is needed: product development, branding, content creation, marketing materials, digital assets, etc.
- Partner with the existing contracting team to augment your own contributions
- 4+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer for web or mobile app products
- Experiences designing for consumer web or mobile app products
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, or equivalent design software
- Ability to communicate clearly, accept and iterate on design feedback, and work collaboratively with all stakeholders to deliver the best design possible
- Must be located in or willing to relocate to Austin
- Prior experience at a startup or travel company
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary + equity
- Top-tier laptop and accessories provided
- 100% company-paid health benefits
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited, guilt-free vacation days
- Transportation stipend
- Healthy breakfast, snacks, and lunch provided daily
- Annual wellness stipend (gym + other wellness activities)
- Monthly house cleaning stipend
- Annual travel allowance
- Quarterly team offsites
- State-of-the-art ergonomics and workstations