A Software Engineer at White Shark Media is responsible for developing and maintaining company systems in a thorough, yet timely manner, that achieves the agreed upon outcomes. He/She must exhibit concern for the goals and needs of the department, as well as the company, and others that depend on his/her services or work products. This resource must be able to handle multiple responsibilities in an effective manner, and use his/her work time productively. Flexibility is of utmost importance, adapting to changing priorities and demands.
The Software Engineer must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, and act with the clients’ best interests in mind. He/She must display his/her problem solving abilities and creativity by analyzing problems, formulating alternative solutions, and taking, or recommending, appropriate actions. It is also expected of him/her to follow up and ensure problems are resolved.
Reporting to the IT Project Manager, while working closely with all departments, the Software Engineer is expected to comfortably collaborate and communicate with teams across the entire organization. The Software Engineer should be able to effectively communicate, share information openly, relate well to all kinds of people, and speak and write effectively.
- Develop software solutions that are sustainable and make our processes more efficient.
-Determine operational feasibility of solutions through analysis, problem definition, and proper understanding of requirements.
-Complete requirements on-time by raising concerns regarding agreed upon timeline issues/constraints in a timely manner.
-Be responsible with coding practices, ensuring that they are creating code bases that can be built upon, instead of re-done, as we grow.Follow the software development lifecycle.
- Maintain existing custom applications/softwares
-Address bugs in a timely manner, prioritizing client-facing, or high impact issues
-Consistently review existing functionality and investigate viability of user suggestions
-Perform maintenance tasks, such as data hygiene for optimal performance.
- Support Salesforce Admin with Salesforce platform
-Support the Salesforce Administrator(s) with development needs that require Apex, such as triggers.
-Step in for the Salesforce Administrator(s) when necessary to ensure excellent service to our internal clients with hands on configuration and customization of Service Cloud/Salesforce Platform.
-Integrate Salesforce platform with our other systems when possible to implement more efficient processes
- Staying relevant
-Stay up-to-date with improvements in the field by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment
-Participating in educational opportunities, pro-actively signing up for free training relevant to their work, and reading professional publications
-Maintain personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new projects, activities and processes that benefit the performance of the departments and the company
-Share feedback from users to suggest improvements to our existing systems.
-Stay up-to-date on technology leveraged at WSM and suggest ways to implement new functionality, etc.
-Participate in new projects that are not necessarily within the scope of your responsibilities, but requires a team effort.
Key Performance Indicators
- Above 80% completion of team deliverables.
- Resolution of critical bugs within 3 hours.
- 85% satisfaction on BIS Team Client Satisfaction survey.
- Complete a training on a relevant topic once a quarter.
- Participated in a project outside your area of expertise.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Written English Level: Advanced
- Spoken English Level: Advanced
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience (Internal & External): 4 years of experience in software engineering positions
- Know How & Certifications: Excellent Problem Solving Skills
-Highly Experienced in the following programming languages PHP, Java, Visual Basic
-Familiar with: SOQL, Salesforce, Angular, MongoDB
- Creative Thinking