The Tap Room Server is responsible for providing exceptional service and overall experience for every guest.
Essential Functions & Duties
- Greets and engages with customers in a friendly manner and provides insightful information about White Labs as well as our food and beverage options.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests and offers suggestions on both.
- Enters orders in our point-of-sale system in accordance with company policy.
- Delivers food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
- Follows all rules and regulations in regard to service of alcohol.
- Performs side work at the start and end of each shift as required.
- Maintains clean service areas.
- Monitors and observes guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food, service and experience. Responds promptly and courteously to any requests and notifies management as needed.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
- Assists with clearing and resetting tables.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the General Manager or manager-on-duty.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Previous serving experience required.
· Knowledge of, and passion for fermented food/beverages.
· Cicerone certification a plus.
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of- sale system.
Employee typically shares workstation with others in similar positions. Time spent conducting sedentary work is less than 25%. Requires walking, standing, kneeling and/or reaching for more than 75% of the workday. Lifting 30 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.